cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh pre / post steps for Dev system in ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are planning a Dev system refresh from Production system. This Dev system is configured under ChaRM for CTS usage. Can you please guide the actins / steps i need to ensure during this refresh so that my existing cycles and changes are not impacted after the refresh.

BR, Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, we have not taken the spro backup. We only took table ctsproject backup.

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

If you have not closed the cycle also, then I guess there will be problem.

first, if you will create the new img project also, then you need to attach the old transports to your new cts project manually.

second if current cycle could have closed then it would be releif for you as you could have create the new ctsproject as now closing the cycle may stuck in error.

I will suggest to raise it with SAP.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Rishav, I am using the existing cycle that we were using before the refresh. Yes we have the entry in CTSPROJECT table. What i observe is no entry in spro_admin for that project.

BR, Alex

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Ok then there must be the transport with which you had taken the backup for your old projects in spro (in dev ecc system).

You need to import that.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav / All,

I have completed my system refresh. now while creating a new TR under the project i get a message

No project found

Message no. CTSPRJ060

Diagnosis

When calling a function of the Change and Transport System, a reference was made to project XX_XXX_XXX in project system SAP_IMG_PS. There is no administrative data for this project in the Change and Transport System in this client.

Please suggest.

BR, Alex

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Can you check in the dev system whether there is entry in the ctsproject table?

I hope charm is still active and you had closed the cycle also, have you created the new cycle after that or how?

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Thanks for your reply. I will follow the system copy steps mentioned in the link and get back to you after my refresh tasks incase any error

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Please let me know if your doubt got cleared.

Thanks

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check from there.

Regards

Rishav