cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logo not appearing in Excel from WebI 3.1 Report but appearing in pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using BO 3.1, SP5. We have created reports in WebI Rich Client.

Q.1. While saving the reports to Excel file the logo is not appearing however it is appearing in pdf.

Points to be noted:

1. The logo is in a blank cell and the cell is in report body not in header.

2. Have tried with PNG, JPEG and BITMAP iamge.

3. Have tried changing 'Read cell content as' to TEXT, HTML, HYPERLINK, IAMGE URL.

4. Have tried changing position in 'Background Image' property.

5. Have tried deselecting 'Show page header' and 'Show page footer'.

Q.2. The reports exported to CMC and the logo is not added to server but after refreshing the report in Infoview the logo is still appearing in report.

How is it so? I thought the logo should be added to server and in 'Background Image' property 'Image from Url' should be selected.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member420411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is limitation on 3.1 that header and footer will not show in excel.

Remove the header and footer content and put into body and setup it like header and footer of report.

Setup coorectly in order and align the relative position. then you can get the logo as well in excel output.

Regards,

Piyush

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the "Image from File" instead of Image from Address and check

See sap note.

1840567 - Image inserted into a Web Intelligence cell using URL does not appear when the report is e...

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for your reply.

I have done all the above tests selecting  "Image from File"  only.

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check with boimg://<image file name> hyperlink ? The image file should be stored in BO server in <BO Installation dir>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\images directory (in BOXI3.1, there will be a similar path).

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the limitation in BO 3.1

See the link. request was created in Idea Place.This is delivered in the BI 4.0.

Ability to export Images from Web Intelligence to Excel : View Idea

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do the following test.

Create a new Report only with the logo cell, and no table in it. Export it to Excel and check.

I am suggesting this, because when you Export reports to Excel, many Excel colums get hidden, due to Report Format.

If you do the suggested test, then you will be able to find it out and in case of hidden columns, you can simply reporsition the logo accordingly.

since it is not BI 4.0, I am not sure, if you have the Settings under infoview to prioritize data or Format for Excel Export.

Cheers

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arijit for your reply.

I have done both of your suggestions in WebI Rich Client but with no avail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

since we are talking about our old friend 3.1 here, you may get some Information from here.

Unable to export logo(Image) from WebI to excel

Regards

Arijit