cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill to party” from item level NOT from header level always

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are creating service order with multiple line items and each line time is having different Bill to party while creating Debit Memo Request with reference to service order system is picking Bill to party from header and not from item level  Bill to.

Our requirement is system should pick ‘Bill to party” from item level NOT from header level always whenever we create debit memo request with reference to service order if Bill to party is different from header level.

Maintained Copy Control-VTAA

At header level        copying requirement” 001

Data 905 General header (051)

Data 904 Header business data

Data 001 Partner header

At item level    copying requirement” 303

Data   151 General item data

Data    102 Bus.data/item compl.

Data    002 Partner item

FPLA   251 Conditions

Kindly have a look and suggest if I am missing anything here.

Regards,

1. D.Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hualin_zhang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi D.Singh,

In the Debit Memo Request, there are also header and item.

You want the system to pick bill-to from item but not header, to where?  To item or header of Debit memo request?

And, how many document are there in your debit memo request? If there are more than 1, I think the system can only pick the bill-to from item (of service order) to item (of debit memo request).

BR

Hualin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hualin.

System should  pick bill-to from sales order item and copy it to  item of Debit memo request.

Copy should be from item to item.

We are having integration with PS and link between sales order and DMR is WBS of PS.

We are creating service order with 1 line item and maintaining the 1 WBS.

Later we are completing the PS steps and creating DMR through DIP Profile.

Now system is creating DMR and picking the Bill to from header of sales order.

If there are multiple line items in DMR system should pick Bill to from sales order and copy Bill to all the DMR line items if multiple line item are there.

Thanks.

D.Singh

hualin_zhang
Participant
0 Kudos

It relates to DIP Profile? I think it is component PS-REV-ACT?

In this case, I think this questions relates more to PS than SD.

To be honest, I don't have much knowledge about PS.

I think it is hard to get an answer of this problem on SD board.

Maybe you can copy this discussion to PS board?

BR

Hualin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hualin,

First I have posted this query to PS board and advised me to post to SD board.

Yes this is a  integration between PS and SD.

This issue is more or less with regards to copy control hence it belongs to SD from.

Thanks.

D.Singh

hualin_zhang
Participant
0 Kudos

You were suggested by PS to posted this to SD.

OK I see.

Would you mind telling me which transaction you use to create credit memo request?

BR

Hualin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hualin,

Thanks.

Our Business cycle is;

We will create sales order and save it.Now we will run DIP profile and system will create DMR.

Once DMR is saved, we can change or display in VA02.

What ever header data we have maintained in sales order system will copy to DMR. As we have has maintained copy control VTAA.

DMR is only created by DIP profile but data flow is from sales order.

Regards,

D.Singh

hualin_zhang
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you try creating DMR by VA01 directly? Does same problem happens?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hualin,

We are not creating directly DMR through VA01 while running the DP91 system will create.

Thanks.

D.Singh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

D,

In DMR, transaction VA02, try to input a different BP at item level, than in the header. Does system allow it?

As Hualin suggested, create a test DMR with VA01 from order where BP is different at header and item level, see if DMR has copied different BP, as in the order. This will indicate if the routine DataT for partners is working fine, this routine is at item level in VTAA.

TW

hualin_zhang
Participant
0 Kudos

As TW mentioned, I suggest trying VA01 because it can help you to know if the problem is in copy routine or not.

I tested in my own test system, routtine 001 and 002 should not has the problem as you mentioned.

So I guess that the problem is on PS side.

BR

Hualin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Typewriter.

I have test and it is working fine when we are creating directly but through DP91 it is not working.

Checking DIP profile.

Thanks.

D.Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hualin,

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,

D.SIngh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

D,

I don't know about DIP profile, why business is not creating billing document from service order?

From the thread I understand the document flow is

Service order > Debit memo request > Debit memo

What is the reason to create order and DMR, for one billing document (debit memo)?

The link about WBS / PS can be handled with Service order > Bill also.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Thanks.We are using resource related billing and we are charging customer for  Time and Material through DIP profile.

So we have integration between SD and PS.We are working on Z program as copy control is not able to help us.

Regards,

D.Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had same requirement and found that copy control is not touched in DP91/DP90.

We also found note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/554013

which says this is standard system reponse. This note is recorded as invalid for our version but the latest DIP documentation also says items will not be touched in copy control here.

Quote from Introduction DIP 2.1:

"

The only thing to mention is that no customizing for the copy of sales document items must be done, because the system copies only the sales document header to the new sales document type. From the item of the originaldocument, only the account assignment is copied to the new items.

"

Only solution is to use user exit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally, the routine you assigned at item level for partner determination should fetch the same partner as you were expecting and not sure, why in your case, it is not working.

May be what you can do is with the same routines, try to create a quotation and with reference to this a sale order by maintaining a different BP at item level in the source document.  See how system is fetching.  If this is working and not for the scenario you narrated, then, I think, you need to do a test case in debug mode and find out as to why system is not fetching in your case.  Accordingly, you have to add the logic to the routine and add in copy control.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Lakshmipathi sir.

Let me work on your suggestions and update ASAP.

Regards,

D.Singh