cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Afaria Enrollment Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed Afaria 7 and upgraded  service packs(sp1,sp2 and sp3) on windows server 2008 R2 enterprise edition in windows 7 pc using vmware player 7.

When I tried to enroll android device it shows "enrollment failed" error.Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thirumurthi,

Have you tried testing by configuring the other relay server details in to this server?

Do you find any errors in Server logs dueing the enrollment?

Do you use proxy to connect the network? If you are installed Afaria in you local machine VM, Please provide the proxy server details and check.

Regards,
Vinayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

I am implementing without relay server so I haven't installed relay server.

During enrollment there is no error in server log.

I haven't used any proxies and for your information I am using VM and tried by providing the proxy server details but it didn't helped me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thirumurthi,

Could you please confirm the below mentioned Ports are open.
5228, 5229, 5230 - GCM Ports
2195, 2196 - APNS

433, 80, 81

Is your device Connected to Wifi/Mobile network?

This IP refers to 192.168.72.144 ? (Relay Server)?

Address for device communication has to be like: abc.xyz.com:8080 (or anyother port)

Make sure the GCM address as https://android.googleapis.com/gcm/send followed by KEY and Project ID.

Under Enrollment Policy please cross check the GCM ID is checked and same as in GCM Server.

Regards,
Vinayak

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

In this case, the issue is the internal ip address on the device communication page.  Since there is no relay server, this address needs to be externally reachable for use with the android client.  To clarify it can be an ip address, but it needs to be one reachable from the internet.  Alternatively it can be in the form http://site.com:81 but again, this needs to be externally addressable.   To make sure this is actually the issue, the settings can be opened on the device in question and the server address currently should look like http://192.168.72.144:81.   If this is true this device was seeded correctly just the address is wrong.  Correct the device communication page and regenerate the url shortening code.  Then try and enroll again.

Tracy Barkley

SAP Active Global Support

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thirumurthi,

As Tracy mentioned enrollment failed can be a wide variety of reasons, let's start reviewing the server configuration.

1. Please ensure the server address is specified correctly in Android Enrollment policy -> General -> Server Address field.

2. Ensure you are able to reach help page of the aips service externally:  http://<EnrollmentServerAddress>/aips/aipService.svc/help
3. Ensure the enrollment server page has been configured with correct server address and port and that port is open in the IIS

4. Ensure the Device communication page is configured with correct server address.

Thank you,
Sejal Patel
Sr. Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejal Patel,

I have checked my server configuration section as per your steps everything is correct.But still I am facing issue. Is there any solution? 

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Enrollment failed can be a wide variety of reasons. In addition to Sushmitha's recommendations, Please also make sure that the address on the device communication page of your server has the correct external address and that the URL for the enrollment was generated after the server was set up.

Are you using a relay or any other load balancing solution as well?

Tracy Barkley

Sr. TSE

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for your support. I have tried Sushmitha's recommendations, but it doesn't worked for me. For your information I am not using  relay server.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Please see my post from August 17th, it has additional troubleshooting steps.  We need to isolate where the issue is occuring to proceed.

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy Barkley,

I have seen the post and tried the connections but it doesn't work for me. I am sending the screenshot of the same for your reference.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

So based on this screenshot is the Android connected to the corporate network?  That address begins with a 192.168 which makes it an internal private network.  Unless you are on the same internal network via VPN or WIFI I do not believe the android will successfully connect.   I believe this should be either the externally reachable address of the machine or the resolvable DNS name and then the tiny URL can be regenerated after it is corrected.  I would then try the enrollment with the new enrollment code.

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thirumurthi,

Could you please go to the server and check with the Registry entry :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Afaria\Afaria\iPhoneServerRemoteServerContextAddress

Verify if the correct IP address of the Afaria Server is specified, if it is the IP of the database server or something else, it could cause this problem.

If this is the problem, Re-run enrollment server installation, when prompted with "Enter the remote

server context address", enter the Afaria server IP address rather than the one of backend database.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susmitha,

I have tried your method but it didn't work for me.

Thank's for your support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thirumurthi,

May I know the version of the Android device you are trying to enroll? enrolling through SSP or Play store?

Did you find any errors recorded in the server logs? Send us a copy of the server logs when reproducing the issue.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

I am using Android Kitkat 4.4.2 and enrolling through Playstore. I have enclosed the error file for your reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Seems like SMS Gateway is not configured correctly. Please take a look at this support notes

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2197295

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thirumurthi,

Did you try the resolution in the support notes provided earlier? Is the issue resolved or still persists.

Please get back to us.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha Nuthalapati,

The issue is still persisting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thirumurthi,

Did you try providing the "Full Control" permission to the Afaria Server service user on the SMS Gateway? As per the logs, it says the SMS Gateway has some issues.

Please confirm that you  tried the solution provided in the 2197295 support notes.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

As I am using tiny URL service  I haven't tried SMS Gateway services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please send me the screenshot of Server -> Diagnostics ->Communications and iOS from the Admin console. Expand the tabs and send the screenshot.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition to Sushmitha's request, it would be helpful to know the following.  The most likely cause is either no or bad seed data.  Also possible is a firewall.

When you attempt to enroll and it fails, does the device have any server address other than xnet://0.0.0.0:3007 in the configuration settings?  If so it is getting the server seed data and the most likely error is that the address on Server>Server>Device Communication does not included either a reachable address or it is missing the port that the server is listening on.  For example, my server has HTTP checked on that page, with a port of 81.  So my device communication address at the bottom would be http://10.7.xxx.xxx:81.  My devices will connect to my ports at that particular address.  If that is correct then there may be a firewall or other blocker that needs to be opened.

If the seed data is not being populated then the enrollment failure is on the enrollment server side and it more points to an issue with the tinyurl being incorrect or such.

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susmitha,

I am sending the screenshot of Diagnostics section. I am currently working on Android only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thirumurthi,

You can take a look at this support notes and make sure all the points mentioned in the notes are being checked on the instance

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1867567

Do let us know the result once done.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

I have checked according to the notes which you suggested. But it doesn't worked me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please try generating the new Tiny URL and see if that can help to enroll the device?

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

I have tried with newly generated code. It didn't helped me.

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please, open the Afaria client on your Android device and navigate to configuration>Enrollment Server. Can you confirm that Address, Port, Protocol, Farm ID, URL Prefix, Virtual Directory values have been populated? Review what Tracy wrote  Aug 17th please.