cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order from STO/PO or Vice-Versa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts & Gurus,

My Client is in Manufacturing & Services Sector. There are Processes related to Stock Transfer (MM) & Sales (SD). But, somehow that depends on Profit Centers (very precisely Factory & Depot which are all is considered as Plant). Different Factory (say Plant Code AA, BB, CC) has different Profit Centers (say PC1, PC2, and PC3 respectively). Depots (Plant Code A1, A2) under the Factory (Plant Code AA) uses the same Profit Center (PC1) of the Factory. Here, all Plants are under one Company Code.

In Case of Stock Transfers in between same Profit Centers, they are following the PO with Item Category as U i.e. normal STO (type UB) followed by Outbound Delivery wrt STO, PGI (Mvt. Type 641), Billing, Excise, GR wrt STO / OD (Mvt. Type 101). Here all activities are linked & PO History updated from which tracking / monitoring is smooth. Reports are Proper as well as chances of mistakes in almost zero.

However, in case of Stock Transfer in between different Profit Centers (which is also a kind of Sales), they are following the normal PO (type NB) followed by manually creation of Sales Order which has no reference to that PO, Outbound Delivery wrt Sales Order, PGI (Mvt. 601), Billing, Excise, GR wrt PO (Mvt. Type 101). Here only PO & GR is linked. At the same time, Sales Order to Excise is linked. But there is no mapping in between PO & SO.

An Exit / BAPI may be used for automatically creating Sales Order from PO or PO from Sales Order. But my question is whether it is possible to automatically create SO from PO or PO from SO through any Config. Is it possible to have a chained process for STO in b/n different Profit Centers which can be tracked / monitored easily?

Please suggest some Proper Process. I want to create automatic Sales Order from Stock Transport Order or Stock Transport Order from Sales Order.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stone_cold
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am not much confident about the process but the explanation you provided regarding Biz. process is valid and obliged me to think for the solution.

I believe there is NO single liner answer to your question but I feel we can achieve this by playing with

Sched.line cat. CS.

Order Type -NB Standard PO

Item Category - 7 Stock transfer

Acct Assgt Cat - C Sales order or New one with profit center

You need to check with above combination how you are getting the result. Also try to get CS automatically or manually for the testing purpose. Check if above settings able to create PR while saving the SO. That PR can be used/linked while PO creation.

BR,

Stone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stone,

Thanks for your reply. What you have said that has already been done & tested earlier which actually generates the PR.

Reason behind this is: in Schedule Line Category, the Transaction Flow doesn't refers to any PO. It actually refers to PR. So, the Doc Type in Order Type field always displays & allows you to choose PR Doc Type available in the System instead of PO Doc Type.

Please suggest something else or correct me if I am wrong.

stone_cold
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Once the PO created with reference to PR , you will get the SO number in Acc. Assg. tab of PO.

But my question is whether it is possible to automatically create SO from PO or PO from SO through any Config. Is it possible to have a chained process for STO in b/n different Profit Centers which can be tracked / monitored easily?

For your first question , once the PR created you can schedule a job overnight to create the POs from PR.

Secondly , I could see only SO-PR-PO is the chain having different Profit Centers in SO and PO at the moment. This can be tracked easily from the point of logistics and finance.

So, the Doc Type in Order Type field always displays & allows you to choose PR Doc Type available in the System instead of PO Doc Type.

I failed to understand meaning of above statement.

Br,

Stone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay and Stone Cold,

The scenario described by Stone Cold will not work in this case. This scenarios describes a chain in which:

Profit center A sells, but instantly procures the products at Profit Center B, to fullfill the demand generated by the sales order. Both PO and SO in this case are actually for PC A.

To my understanding, in the case that Vijay wants to solve, Profit Center A buys at Profit Center B. Profit Center B sells to A. So you need a PO in the receiving PC and an SO in the delivering PC. This is an intercompany/intracompany scenario. The only sales documents that can be used in this process chain are:

• Delivery Documents
  • Invoices (mostly by Idoc)

The fact that both PC's belong to one company code, an intercompany STO is conducted, which will rule out the use of invoices. Therefore you will need specific Profit Center Accounting settings to make this work.

Correct, Vijay?

Regards,

Sjaak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stone,

You are somehow correct. But as said by Berg it's completely true & is not serving my req.

Process Should be:

PCA nneds MATs from PCB

So, PCA will create the STO & PCB will create the SO.

Please suggest some settings / config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm. I don't think a regular scenario will help you very much. Please have a look at the following links for more information about material flows between Profit Centers and their financial impact.

Goods Movements Between Profit Centers - Profit Center Accounting (EC-PCA) - SAP Library

Example: Stock Transfers - Profit Center Accounting (EC-PCA) - SAP Library

Also I know there should be a scenario for stock transfers between separate SAP systems. This scenario uses purchase documents in one system and automatically creates sales orders in the other (with Reference). My guess is that it uses Idocs for this. Maybe you can have a look at that scenario and use it for your problem.

Regards,

Sjaak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Berg...

Thanks for your reply. But it doesn't serve the purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

What I cannot find in your message is whether the transfer is between plants of a different company code? If that is the case, then you need to use the Intracompany stock transfer scenario. have you tried this. This process uses purchasing documents, but is linked to a sales and billing transaction in the Background.

Sales orders are not needed, but deliveries can be used.

Regards, Sjaak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Berg,

I have already mentioned in my post that all Plants are within same Company Code.

Plz suggest what would be the Steps / Process & Settings.