cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBFA table showing blank entries.......!

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Today while checking the Z Reports i found one report was working total wrong...which was previously working prefect.....!

While debugging with ABAP guy we found that in VBFA table we were getting blank records which is mention in below attachment.

I am surprised that how come this blank entries started coming in VBFA table....????

Now i am facing a very big challenge that due to this blank entries my every Z report related to VFBA table is throwing wrong data in the reports.

Previously there was no problem, i was neither getting such blank records in the VBFA nor any report was wrong.....!

Here in this snapshot.

VBELV = Quotation no. and VBELN = Sales order no.

I have created 2 sales orders with reference to Qtn which is showing here.

I have checked all the Copy control that are marked for Doc. flow update tick...and all the possible checks with SO and Qtn but didn't got any clue of such behaviour of VBFA table.

I again want to remind you that previously there was no such case in the system, It came to my notice recently and i started searching for the solution on SCN and other sites......but did not reach any where.....!

Can you please help me out ...!

Regards

Parag Pandya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

I think Jyoti had already told you the solution. This is the way VBFA works.

VBFA contains both header and item level information of the source and target documents. Here the records with empty POSNV and POSNN shows that they are the header level information. Similarly for the same VBELV and VBELN, there will be records with POSNV and POSNN filled. This means that these are item level records.

Like this, there are several such tables which have both header and item level information like VBKD, KONV etc.

If you dont need empty records in POSNV and POSNN to come up in your report, you need to take care of this in your report. I dont see any issue with the way VBFA is filled

Hope this helps.

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Navaneetha,

I appriciate your effort and thakyou so much on replyion on my query.

Let me check that way and will update the findings of it.

Thakyou.

Parag.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I just want to inform regarding this query that it is a standard sales process which follow from Qtn - SO - Del. - Invoice.

We create Proforma invoice with reference to Qtn in this scenario.

Item Cat. and Schedule line cat are standard one and we are following standard setting of it.

Same as we are following standard settings for Copy Control.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Unlike Sales Doc, where you have one table each for header - VBAK and item - VBAP.

For doc flow table VBFA, you have only one table for both header and item. So, where you see fields POSNV/POSNN blank, that means it is a header data for the doc flow.

Now, what sort of report you are trying to achieve by using table VBFA?

Thanks, JP

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti,

Thank You for the reply...!

We have developed a report which flows from Qtn to Invoice.

It provides all the information in it, which was one of the major requirement of our client.

I think that i can go with your suggestion and check that will it solve the purpose or not.

Thankyou again.