cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F: Can't delete attachments at approve or back to auther steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is impossible to delete attachments at approve or back to auther steps (FPM form) although these steps are customized at Design Time as MODIFY (Create/Change attachments). When I click on the trash button nothing happends.

Do you have any idea for how to solve it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Still havn't solved it.

Do you have any ideas?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So when you debug, do you see the "delete" event? What do you see happening? You should be able to locate the exact point it "should" happen in and then tell why it doesn't. This one will take good ol' sweat and debugging I think.

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check for any missing authorizations.

Do you see any authorization failure in su53?

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi,

It doesn't seem to be an authorizations issue since I'm using a user with SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW.

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are authorizations related to object P_ASRCONT as well as case management together with usual HR authorizations - needed to work with HCM P&F.

Regards,

Sahir.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked again, gave P_ASRCONT authorizations (also SAP_ALL ans SAP_NEW) and also used TRACE and found out that this is not an authorization issue.

Any other ideas?

former_member206394
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tal Tza,

Greetings!

'Approve' step can only 'Approve' or 'Reject' the form but the approver cannot change the content of the form.  for reference Standard Task TS17900101: Approve Form - Business Workflow for HCM Processes and Forms - SAP Library

'Back to Author' button is visible with the same 'Approve' step (as per the reference given above) by setting BACK_BUTTON_VISIBLE = X.  So, this is also part of 'Approve' step and so the 'Approver' cannot change the content of the form.

For further clarity on 'why an approve step cannot be used for change'  please refer to this

Reward, if helpful.

Regards,

Shankar

0 Kudos

Hi,

I was probably unclear when I wrote "approve or back to auther steps (FPM form)".

I ment that the problem exists in the follwing standars tasks:

• TS33700021 (Process Form-Web Dynpro)
  • TS33700023 (Form Edited Again by Author-Web Dynpro)

Both of theses tasks are "process tasks" (not "aprove taks"), meaning that the user should be able to change FPM form.

Unfortunately, the problem is that it is impossible to delete attachments at this task steps although these steps are customized at Design Time as MODIFY (Create/Change attachments). When I click on the trash button nothing happends.

I'm still looking for a solution.

SAP, consultants - Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Tal

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you positive that your binding on that workflow task is to the correct form scenario step/stage that allows you to delete the attachment(s)?

Also did you look at OSS note...

2010600 - Open workflow attachments versus completed workflow attachments 

or

2019974 - Deleted attachment still displays for tasks of the same workflow process

Just checking.

0 Kudos

I'm positive and the notes you mentioned didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas?