</content>

</Panel>

</content>

</Page>

</pages>

</App>

</mvc:View>

Now I have some questions.

1, I have removed the App tag but it causes a blank display, so what does this App mean?

2, I have noticed some tags begin with upper case and some are not. I think the ones with upper case are controls in UI5 and the other ones are HTML tags, am I right?

3, I found that the tags where can customizing CSS be used are all ones that begin with upper case, is it a rule?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saivellanki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

1, I have removed the App tag but it causes a blank display, so what does this App mean?

It is the root element of a SAP UI5 mobile application, which has aggregation 'pages'. Refer more info -

JsDoc Report - SAP UI development Toolkit for HTML5 - API Reference - sap.m.App

2, I have noticed some tags begin with upper case and some are not. I think the ones with upper case are controls in UI5 and the other ones are HTML tags, am I right?

Yes, you're partially right, Upper Case tags are SAP UI5 controls and lower case tags are Properties/Events associated with UI5 control.

3. I found that the tags where can customizing CSS be used are all ones that begin with upper case, is it a rule?

Yes, as I mentioned in the previous answer, Upper case tags are SAPUI5 controls and you can set custom CSS for the same like below

<style>

.buttonStyle{

background-color: '#FF0000' !important;

}

</style>

<Button id="Sample" text="SampleButton" press= "onPress" class="buttonStyle" />

Regards,

Sai Vellanki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, by the way, which kind of view you think is better(XML, JSON, JS and HTML).

Answers (0)