cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion exit on DOKNR

former_member215598
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem with Conversion exit on field "DOKNR" from table "DRAW" during the CV200_NB_DRAW_SELECT.  The conversion exit

transforms the DOKNR field so that it is not able to be found in the DRAW table.  example "1000000001" becomes "0000000000000100000000001".

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

This is happening due to conversion exit.

On domain DOKNR there is a possibility of changig the conversion exit from ALPHA to DOKNR which should help.

Check SAP note 798206, i hope this should resolve your issue.

Awards points if helpful.

egor_malov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello!

Concerning your question:

Probably you run CV200_DB_DRAW_SELECT from SE37. If so, it is SE37's logic, that calls conversion exit for supplied parameters, not the FM itself.

If you call the FM from ABAP code, you'll find the value passed as it is, no conversion:

CALL FUNCTION 'CV200_DB_DRAW_SELECT'

EXPORTING

pf_doknr             = '1000000001'

* IMPORTING

* TABLES

* EXCEPTIONS

Also, I'd like to note, that in my DMS setup the number 1000000001 would be kept in database with leading zeroes, like '(zeros)1000000001'. And what I see from your SE16 screenshot is '1000000001(spaces)'. I am not saying that it's wrong (I'm not sure if there any SAP recommendations on this), but is seems unusual to me.

If you try opening these documents from CV03N, does it work? Because it's another place where conversion exit should be involved.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead you try fm CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT.

former_member215598
Participant
0 Kudos

The transaction here is CV04N

The problem is that the docnumber “DOKNR” field in tables DRAW/DRAT has a standard SAP Field conversion user exit that transforms the document number into a zero padded field. This reformation will cause the search to fail because the value is truly non-zero filled.

I can use the function module “CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_OUTPUT” to within my custom applications but this “CV04N” is a standard SAP application. Is there a OSS note for this issue or some other way around this issue?