cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Calendar with Time-Key Date Scheduling Indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding is that when we create a Maintenance Plan with Scheduling Indicator 'Time - key date' assigned, the Preventive Maintenance order will always be scheduled on the same date of every month. However, our SAP system is requiring entry of a Factory calendar when we choose the Time key-date indicator. Can anyone explain the reason for this behavior? Our requirement is that Preventive Maintenance orders are scheduled as close to the 1st of every month as possible, but we don't want orders to be scheduled on non-working days. So, if the 1st of a month happens to fall on a Sunday, the system will schedule the order for Monday the 2nd instead.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Andrew,

I believe that the Key Date scheduling does not take red-letter days into account.

Consider using the user exit IPRM0002 for your purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Only Time-Factory calendar Identify working days from assigned Factory calendar in Plan and schedule according to work orders.

If you choose Time-key date with factory calendar, You will get work orders according to your requirements with including working days and when you are processing these orders, you will get message"Date 16.08.2015 is not a workday; last workday is 14.08.2015" like this.

Regards

Vivek Patil.

former_member200662
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I think, you can use Time-Key date scheduling indicator. The factory calendar gets assigned automatically. This factory calendar will be at plant level and not from work center.

Regards

Pavan

Private_Member_28603
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

for your requirement you should use scheduling indicator "time - factory calendar" and maintain a factory calendar in customizing, which defines all working and non-working days.

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member

Thanks Patrick. My understanding is that 'time-factory calendar' considers working days only. So, if our maintenance plan cycle is defined 1 MON, system will schedule an order every 30 working days. If only Mon-Thurs are defined as working days, system will schedule orders for something like every 6 weeks. We want the system to actually schedule them as close as possible to every 30 days, but with start dates falling on actual working days only. In essence, we want to system to round up or down to a working day, as close to the actual cycle as possible. I think that 'Time-key date' along with a Factory Calendar assigned may help us accomplish this. Otherwise, why do we assign a Factory Calendar when we select the 'Time-key date' indicator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the solution for my requirement is to simply use the 'Time' Scheduling indicator. Although planned date may actually fall on a non-working day when we schedule the Maintenance Plan, the system will look to the Factory Calendar assigned to the associated Work Center and schedule accordingly, so that only working days will be assigned to the Basic Start date of the order.