Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read e-mails programmatically

former_member355261
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to make a report that allows me to read emails from anyone's inbox.

The report should take the email address (it could be gmail or anything) and the password, and basically some other parameters and be able to get the list of emails and read them.

Please provide me with the name of such a report or just give me tips on how to achieve this requirement.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Tips: Please read the replies in this thread:

If you can explain why you are trying to do this, then may be you will get better suggestions/ alternatives.

My main question would be: There are many applications in the market to do this. So, why develop one in ABAP - which is not meant to do this?

Thanks,

Juwin

5 REPLIES 5

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Tips: Please read the replies in this thread:

If you can explain why you are trying to do this, then may be you will get better suggestions/ alternatives.

My main question would be: There are many applications in the market to do this. So, why develop one in ABAP - which is not meant to do this?

Thanks,

Juwin

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reading mail from others inbox is not a good idea. it's kind of accessing others information and that could be personal.

I don't think, it's a good idea.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please rephrase your requirement, because at the moment it sounds really creepy and sketchy.

Also what has this to do with ABAP, for mails sent from SAP to outbox you can check transaction SOST.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mohamed,

Please be aware that normally just dumping random and vague requirements such as this to SCN in the ABAP spaces is not allowed and they would be rejected.  However, for the time being at least, I'm going to let this discussion run as I think I and many others are interested to understand why you want to do this...

Cheers,

G.