cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP2 Planning Area does not activate in IBP 4.0.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we just got a sandbox system (IBP 4.0.2) with the sample planning area SAP2. Since I couldn't see any data in the analytics part, I wanted to assign the visibility filter VIEWALL, but it did not show up. Therefore, I tried to activate SAP2 (even though it was shown as active). This activation ended in an error, saying:

E - Calculation ID HGROSSCOST@PERPRODLOCCUST contains three or more different key figures. We recommend dividing the calculation into separate calculations to avoid this situation in future.

However, when I check the definition of HGROSSCOST@PERPRODLOCCUST, the calculation contains only two different input key figures:

CONSTRAINEDDEMAND@PERPRODLOCCUST * COSTPERUNIT@PERPRODLOC

and there is no additional input not used in the calculation.

I remember that we had a similar issue in a customer system when upgrading to 4.0.1 (?) and it was solved by adding this very same helper key figure HGROSSCOST to reduce the number of inputs for another key figure.

This time I can't find the error that is reported. I assume that I am not the only one with this issue as SAP2 is a template planning area that is delivered with each test and sandbox system and it has not been changed from our side.

Any idea is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I faced similar error. Seems like this is restriction in note# 2049781 as mention in thread below.

Planning Area activation error | SCN

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2049781

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find the log file attached.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

I tried to activate SAP2 in a 4.0.2.0 system and i could able to activate it. Can you please try to copy SAP2 sample (may be give a new name to the new planning area instead of SAP2) and then try to activate the new planning area? Please use advance copy.

Best regards

Rinju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

Please check the configuration of SAP2 in the sample model, not in the editable version of SAP2. So in the key figure configuration screen, select 'Display SAP Sample' and then select SAP2. After that compare the configuration of these KFs with the editable version of SAP2. If you find any difference, then change it to the configuration what is there in the sample version.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Rinju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinju,

thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, the settings of SAP2 in the sample section are exactly the same.

Cheers,

Jonathan

0 Kudos

As Rhinju said look at the sap2 model.  This is standard delivered by us.

this would be in inactive samples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly what I did - I selected SAP Sample and chose SAP2 (which is of course inactive since it is in the sample area). There I checked the settings of the key figures mentioned in the error message and compared it to the SAP2 planning area that I find under active and inactive. Apparently with the upgrade to 4.0.2 the SAP2 planning area has to be adjusted to be activated.

0 Kudos

Yes I guess for now.

sorry for the inconvenience caused in adjustimg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I cannot find any error in the key figure that is mentioned in the error message, as I wrote in my initial message. Therefore I have no idea what needs to be adjusted, and the error message is missleading (see my message above). I assume that we are not the only one having this issue. Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos

all good,  go ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it is not good. I cannot activate SAP2. And I am not talking of the SAP2 in the sample area but of the SAP2 planning area in active and inactive area. When I try I get the error message mentioned in my initial message. When I check the key figure named as the root of the error it is properly defined, as mentioned in my initial message. Hence there is no error that I could correct, as I mentioned in my initial message.

My problem is that I cannot activate SAP2 and I don't know why.

0 Kudos

Can you please  us the error?