cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see text labels in BEx query variable entry screen in RSRT after 7.40 upgrade

0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently upgraded the BW system to 7.40.

We are facing an issue with BEx queries when we run them in RSRT. In the variable entry screen, we can't see any text labels next to the input fields after selecting a value. The space next to the field is just empty.

This issue does not occur for hierarchy variables, but is there for all others.

We found this issue only post upgrade.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? If you could share possible solutions or workarounds, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the table RSZELTDIR with selection DEFTP = 'VAR' and MAPNAME = your variable name. Do you see the long text there?

Also check if the note 2166293 - BW-MT: Query Designer Corrections for SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SP11 3 is relevant for you.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked in the table for a few variables. Long text exists for them.

Thanks, this note might be useful, I'm checking that at the moment.

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

The following document might be helpful to you, even though this document discuss about 7.3x upgrade issues, seems to be relevant to your issue.

Regards,

Vengal.

0 Kudos

I couldn't find anything related to the issue I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Akshay

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the note 1693785 - Text variable not replaced by label for time characteristics.

Regards,

Vengal.

0 Kudos

Thanks for clarifying further, but seems this issue is related to 0DATE specifically and was a data issue. My issue is occurring for all variables and is possibly some kind of program error after upgrade.