Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Offline SAPUI5 Application

former_member225463
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have few Queries regarding the Offline SAPUI5 Application.

First of all i want to know that is we have to code something to make Offline SAPUI5 Application (Consider its a newly custom developed project from scratch).

After that to make the SAPUI5 application run offline in mobiles and tablets , its necessary to  deploy the SAPUI5 Application in Fiori Launchpad?

I have got some information regarding SMP and Mock Server but i didn't get much from documents.

Regards,

Vikash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikash,

Yes, you have to code to enable offline capability in your application. It is not available by default.

If you want to use the application on your tablet and mobile, you need to use Kapsel Plugin & SMP to create a hybrid app. This hybrid app will generate .apk(for android) and .ipa(for iphone or ipads) files that you can install in your device. You can not deploy kapsel application to fiori launchpad and use the offline functionality from there as it would be a hybrid app not a web based application.

You will get more details about that here:

Regards,

Ekansh

former_member225463
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ekansh,

My last question will be that consider that i have my sapui5 application Testui5.

Now i have to deploy this to fiori launchpad to work in online mode and the same application i have to deploy as a Hybris app using Kapsel and SMP.So where to write the code actually?

Will i have to create two different sapui5 application to run them in online(Fiori) and Offline(Hybris)?

I got how to convert the sapui5 application to hybris application but above mentioned things am having doubts.

Best Regards,

Vikash

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikash,

Yes, these apps will be individual. Firstly you create a online web application testui5, then deploy it to ABAP AS and Launchpad. Then convert this app to hybrid app in order to utilize Kapsel Offline functionality. Now you need to package it as apk/ipa file and install on device. So these will be two different source codes.

Regards,

Ekansh

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ekansh,

I had the similar doubts,

SAP Fiori App Offline Capability

Getting Started with Kapsel - Part 15 -- Offline OData (New in SP05)

Great Documents, Thanks for share ..

Best Regards,

Pavan G

Answers (0)