Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create file from response in synchronous interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following scenario:

File --> PI 7.31 (Java-only) --> Idoc

At the moment, it is an asynchronous interface. Now we want to check, if all Idocs were transferred correctly, as we need this for an external job control system. The idea is the following:

• We use SYNCH-IDOCS as response for Idoc processing
    • The PI interface is changed to be synchronous
    • For each successfully processed Idoc, get a response in PI and create a file in a specified directory

Is this possible? And how can I use the response in PI to create a file?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2 options available

using BPM,Beans..

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Use following module parameter in the file sender communication channel -

At the time of testing , make sure that the response receiver channel is open , otherwise it will give error.

Thanks,

Apu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The file adapter can't support a synchronous interface, it has no sense because you do a poll to retrieve the files, no one application is waiting any response.

You can do Fille - RFC(or ABAP proxy)  - File scenario, using async/sync bridge. Check this example: File-RFC-File(Without BPM) - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Later from the ABAP code you can generate the IDOC and to wait its response. Check this example ABAP Program To Generate IDoc - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki

Regards.

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

I have a question ....

Cant it be done by File adapter (1)----->Idoc(Message Type - ALEAUD)----(Sends Acknowledgement)-------->(Request Response Bean just like in case of File to RFC)----->Second file adapter creates file.

Regards

Vinay

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

IDOC supports only asynchronous communication. I think, for your requirement, you can configure IDOC acknowledgment accordingly, which can be sent back to PI system like response kind of, which you need to do the neccessary configurations accordingly for file generation.

Handling Idoc Acknowledgements - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The links you provided just explain

Idoc --> PI --> Something

I need the other way round. Can anyone explain to me how to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

AFAIK file supports asynchronous communication. To get a response in the form of a file you can use sync-async bridge concept, where in you can specify beans in the module tab of the receiver and specify the receiver file details.

Refer the below blog which shows for IDOCs too.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80f96dbf-adca-3010-ffb5-daf2d1f0e...