Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore master data setting in CTM run

former_member323340
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I see the Ignore Master data setting in CTM profile. I am wondering what would be the use of running CTM if we ignore master data inconsistencies. From business perspective can anyone tell me when this option would be used.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ignore master data settings is used when you are running multiple CTM profiles for same set of data and for some CTM profile you need to skip certain master data (like Planned delivery time we need not to consider initailly and in supsquent step same is required so we can control this in CTM profile).

Regards,

Anil

former_member323340
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thank you for the response. However I could not quite get the reason. We have a separate icon to check the consistency of the master data when we open the CTM profile in transaction /sapapo/ctm.

Now if the ignore master data is not tick marked, will every CTM run by default check the consistency of the master data before actual planning?

Please correct me if my understanding above is wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My initial reply was for Ignore master data ( CTM profile - Tab Master data settings).

For ignoring the consisitency check -

You can run consistency check for master data separately by transaction /sapapo/ctm01 before you start CTM run and need not to mention the settings in CTM profile.

Anil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don’t select the CTM master data in the “select CTM master data to be checked” section, in CTM run it will ignore the consistency check for those master data.

If you running /SAPAPO/CTMB - CTM planning in the Background then you should select the master data consistency check

If you run /SAPAPO/CTM - Capable-to-Match (CTM) Planning in foreground please run /SAPAPO/CTM01 - Consistency Check for CTM Master Data first with selection. Then run /SAPAPO/CTM

Business Impact: If you don’t select the CTM master data in the “select CTM master data to be checked” section, any changes you have done form initial data  to now, system don’t recognized those changes. If your master data are frequently changes, it is strongly recommended that before running CTM you should run master data consistency check.  You can do it via process chain too.

Thanks

Parves