SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter reading automatic estimation not triggered..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have configured my schedule record as follows:

But when I finish create meter ordre like this (EL01):

I did n t see my MRO automatically estimated:

Could anyone help me?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Strongy,

The steps you have followed should allow for automatic estimation.

If you have 03 in the schedule record and have selected 'MRC from Scheduling' in EL01, then on successfully executing this transaction you should see the meter result estimated and the status green. I tried it in my system and it works.

There can be many reasons why it didn't work for you.

primary could be that the system couldn't find a plausible MR to estimate.

Check in the customization.

SAP Utilities -> Device Management -> Meter Reading -> Meter Reading Order -> Order Creation -> Define Automatic Interpolation of Meter Reading Reasons

For you meter reading reason , say Periodic Meter Reading the check box for Auto Interpolation should be checked.

Also check EL31 , probably the system estimated the result but it was implausible. (reading status 2)

Thanks n Regards,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

Hi Strongy,

As you have shown like the scheduled MR category is selected as

03Automatic estimation)

It doesnt mean that it will automatically estimate MR and update order immediately after the creation of MR Order. You still have to go to MR entry transaction (EL28 for example) and need to Estimate it (if your intention is to estimate it).

Hope this helps you!!!

thanks

Vipin KV

0 Kudos

Thanks

That EL28 helped me find the problem,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Strongy,

The steps you have followed should allow for automatic estimation.

If you have 03 in the schedule record and have selected 'MRC from Scheduling' in EL01, then on successfully executing this transaction you should see the meter result estimated and the status green. I tried it in my system and it works.

There can be many reasons why it didn't work for you.

primary could be that the system couldn't find a plausible MR to estimate.

Check in the customization.

SAP Utilities -> Device Management -> Meter Reading -> Meter Reading Order -> Order Creation -> Define Automatic Interpolation of Meter Reading Reasons

For you meter reading reason , say Periodic Meter Reading the check box for Auto Interpolation should be checked.

Also check EL31 , probably the system estimated the result but it was implausible. (reading status 2)

Thanks n Regards,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

You are right, I have checked with EL28, it was due to that the system couldn't find a plausible MR to estimate.

Now it works!

Thank you for your help!