cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable code completion in SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the documention says that the "SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench" supports code completion.

Code compleiton doesn't work on our Development Workbench (Version 1.100.10 on SAP HANA SPS 10) and I want to know how to enable it.

Many thanks,

ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What development artifact is the code completion not working for? There is nothing you do to enable it but code complete ranges in its capabilities depending upon what development artifact you are working with.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created an application with the "SAP UI5 Hello World"-Template.

I tried the code completion in the index.html within the <script>-section, but no success there...

Thanks,

ben

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You don't get code completion inside the script block of an HTML page.  However you should get code completion in a JavaScript file by pressing CTRL+Spacebar. 

There is also code completion inside of XML views:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, it's working in .js files.

I got confused because in the  SAP HANA Web IDE you have to enable code compleiton explicitly: SAP Web IDE Developer Guide

BTW: Could you explain in a few words what's the differnce between

SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench and SAP Web IDE?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

BTW: Could you explain in a few words what's the differnce between

SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench and SAP Web IDE?

The SAP Web IDE is the tool for Fiori/UI5 templating and extensions available only in the Cloud (HCP).

The SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench is the HANA specific web tooling which is available both in the cloud (as a separate tool from the SAP Web IDE on HCP) and on premise. It shares the same base foundation as the SAP Web IDE, hence the shared JavaScript/XML view editor; but lacks some of the SAP Web IDE template/WYSIWYG functionality. On the other hand, it contains the HANA specific editors and debuggers for XSJS, XSODATA, CDS, SQLScript, etc.

We are trying to bring these two tools closer together. At some point in the future we hope to have a single tool both in the cloud and on premise that contains the complete functionality of both of these tools.