Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWF_WORKPLACE Personaliozation Data

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SCN Team,

I am currently using SWF_WORKPLACE ABAP Webdynpro Application to see workitems in my NWBC. Now I have a requirement, instead of Link based view, I want tab based view.

For this, I clicked on Personalize link in the ABAP Webdynpro Application and I selected "TabStrip" radio button so that I got tab strip view.

Now my issue is this personalization is working only for my User Id. If I need to do for all Userid's how would I need to do the personalization.

In which place if I do the personalization, It will effect for all the users for this ABAP Webdynpro Application.

Thanks,

Sankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

You can try to an enhancement in corresponding POWL list configuration. Try something like this:

- Go to SE80

- Enter webdynpro POWL_UI_COMP

- Enhance configuration SWF_WORKPLACE

- At element Context->ConfData, just change Layout from 'Link Matrix' to 'Tabstrips'

That should do the work and users will still be able to revert to 'Link Matrix' through personalize options

Kind regards,

Garcia

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Thanks for pointing out to the right place. I have a query here.

When I selected Elements --> Context --> ConfData.

I Clicked on "Edit" and iam getting the below message. iam getting a warning message - The original language of the translation is DE. Logon in the original language.

And after that it is not enabled to modify.

Do I need to click on Any button here.

Do I need to click on "Start Configurator" and after that I need to click on "Continue in Change Mode" or "Continue in Display Mode".

Please suggest.

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

After you press 'Start Configurator', you'll get an internet explorer window where you should press 'Continue in Display mode' (so you don't change the standard one).

Then, click on 'Enhance' button and create an enhancement for this configuration (a BADI). After this, then you can change the desired property to desired value and I believe you'll not get those issues.

See if this helps you a little more. Share afterwards how did it go

Kind regards,

Garcia

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Garcia,

Thanks for your reply. I thought of doing the way you explained. But again here when I click on Enhance Button, I got three input fields to be filled.

1. Enhancement Implementation:
2. Short Text:
3. Composite Enhancement Implementation:

Could you please help me in knowing what needs to be selected for Composite Enhancement Implementation field.

Iam struck here at this point.

Thanks,

Sankar

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

To be easier, just fill the 1st input field with the name of the BADI that you want to create (example: ZSWF_WORKPLACE). I don't think you need to fill 'composite enhancement implementation' field.

Kind regards,

Garcia

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Garcia,

Now I have one more requirement of hiding one workitem in SWF_WORKPLACE Application. Can I know how it can be achieved.

Thanks,

Sankar