cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM Storage Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i give same storage bin no to 2 Different bin in 2 Different warehouse. This i want to do in Order to do capacity check before designated bin for put away process. if WM1 - Storage 01-01-11 has capacity of 100 Packets in 1 Bin for article A0001 & same material can be placed

in WM2 (2nd Warehouse) - Storage Bin No - 01-01-11 has a capacity of 50 Bins for same Article no A0001. At the time of Put away system should consider capacity both the warehouse & designate the bin as space available in any of bin in 2 warehouses.

Hope i had given enough clarity if some more explanation is required, pl. do reply.

Pl. Reply to my query.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at your maintenance screen in LS03N, there is not just the bin name, there is warehouse, the storage type and the bin as key.

So you can have in each warehouse the same bin, you can even have in each storage type of the same warehouse the same bin name.

Bin names are usually coordinates e.g.  isle, shelf, level, so it is quite usual that you have in each warehouse the first isle, the first shelf and first level in the shelf.

But what certainly does not work is to have SAP look into 2 warehouses for putaway.

one storage location can only be assigned to 1 warehouse, so you can never move goods into a second warehouse without changing the storage location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Can you pl. How i can mark it as a correct answer & close this threat.

Regards,

Rajesh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

explained here:

Answers (0)