cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance and governance of oDATA repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to ask you if there is any tool and methodology for oDATA services. In our company we can see that different teams create oDATA services and the functionality of some of them is overlapping, are there any tools for that?

Many thanks Jiri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jiri,

If i have understood the question correctly, you mean to say different teams create different Services which have common functionality and you would like to monitor this to ensure only one service should be present in the repository with desired functionality and same service should be re-used by everyone if at all they want that particular functionality. Please correct me if i am wrong.

If yes i don't see any Tool as such available which can figure out which services has same functionality and are kind of duplicate services in the repository.

My thoughts on this,

One should search service with description in SEGW or in /iwfnd/maint_service to see if that can be re-used.

May be somebody should manually maintain a list about the existence of the service with details like Inputs, Outputs, Functionality in a centralized place so that before team mates create new services, they would check that list and see if there is any service which is already available with the same functionality and can be re-used rather than creating one more service with same functionality which would be a duplicate. This would be tedious task for sure and is not practical as well.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no tool as such but it seems purely a Management issue.

One should own oData gateway and maintain a repository of all development. Then remove the duplicate ones and find Reusable bit and pieces. Only a Technical guy can do this.

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jiri,

No there is no other tool available for this.

OData service development is same as any other ABAP object. There can exist multiple programs/FMs which perform almost same work. If you need to develop a functionality, you firstly try to search for it in se37/38 with description. The same applies here also, one can search with the description in SEGW.

Regards,

Ekansh