cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Error - DecryptPasswordError in ATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have installed "Agentry_70.8.0_Test_Environment" on a Windows 7 machine and using Work Manager 6.2 deployed in SMP 3.0 SP07.

Its giving the Decrypt Password Error (screen shot below).

As mentioned in "DecryptPasswordError-Agentry 6.0 | SCN" and "", I have deleted files at location "C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Local\Temp" and "C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Local\SAP AG".

Also removed "dbdata" folder and log files from the ATE folder (all the remaining files are .exe, or .dll).

I have tried re-installing the ATE client (As an Administrator) and still getting the same error. Would appreciate if you could provide any additional places to be cleared out. Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amandeep,

Hi. In SAP Work Manager 3.0 SP07 for the Agentry Test Environment there are two things I can think off and they are:

1) 32 bit ATE is not supported in SMP 3.0 release. If you are using the standalone Agentry ATE to use the 64 bit instead. The 64 bit ATE is located in the Agentry Eclipse Editor.  Open Eclipse Agentry SMP 3.0 SP07 or higher. Go Windows -> Show View -> Others -> Agentry -> Test Environment. Then click Start Test Client.

See thread: Agentry Toolkit - 64-bit Only | SCN

2) The other one is that to make sure that you have copied and installed your smp_crt.cer in the directory of your ATE and double click on it to install it in the trusted root. Some version requires the smp_crt.cer to exist in the same directory of your Windows client (including the ATE).

This is also true for the Eclipse Editor (ATE) - you have to have the smp_crt.cer in the same root directory of your Eclipse + install it.

so in essence,if you have issues with item 1 because it is 32 bit ATE, then you may get a response from the support team that this is not supported.  If your issue is tied to the Agentry Eclipse Editor ATE (based on the WPF 64 bit technology) then that is supported.

3) There are others tied to the DecryptPassword error like:

Hope this helps.

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both to Mark Pe and Bill.

I had reset the ATE client; it didn't resolve the issue. I was able to proceed with the 64bit ATE released with SDK SP08. It doesn't however explain why the 32-bit ATE is not getting refreshed. I will continue to use 64 bit ATE for now.

Best Regards,

Amandeep

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The Decrypt password error indicates your ATE was previously connected to another server.  Please do a full reset on your ATE and transmit again to pickup all the definitions (initial transmit).

As Mark suggested you should also look at moving to the new ATE that is integrated into the Agentry Editor.

--Bill