cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception thrown in Crystal Report Web Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have integrated crystal reports with our web application for our reporting solution. While most of the reports works fine, one particular report has

an intermittent issue. When the underlying query for the report takes more than 5 minutes to execute and give a result, the crystal report viewer throws back a null pointer exception, we checked that the underlying query is submitted to the DB and is still running while the crystal report viewer has thrown and exception. When the same report, if the query executes within 5 minutes, is able to  retrieve the result and show it on the screen. Any suggestion as to how to resolve this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

I need some basic information before attempting to troubleshoot this:

What version of CR - please be precise (best to look at the crpe32.dll)

What version of VS .NET

What database? (include version)

How are you connecting to the database?

And a report that runs on the web for over 5 minutes? Is there anyone that will actually wait for that report to finish?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Crystal Report Version  - 14.0.2.364

Database Version - Oracle 11g

Database Connection - Weblogic Data source

Sorry,the query takes two minute to execute and yes the users wait for the outcome,it is a heavy query and hence takes time.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal Report Version  - 14.0.2.364

This tells me that you are using CR 2011, SP 2. CR 2011 is now on SP 11(!), so that is your initial place to start. SPs can be downloaded from here:

Downloads for SAP Crystal Reports and others

Next. CR 2011 does not install any SDK, and you menion that the issue is happening in the Web Viewer. What version of CR is then running this Web Viewer? Is it an app you created? App created by 3rd party?

- Ludek

Answers (0)