Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : QM authorization object

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts ,

Need your advise on the following business requirement

Do let me know if this can be achieved , or is there any other custom way to approach.

We had a process where one material was existing in 4 different plants , and for each material/plant combination one QM autho

was assigned in material master. who was responsible for clearing the QC(Standard Process)

Now my business has merged all the four plants into one single plant from system prospective.

Here i have a requirement where business needs to maintain 4 QM autho of different plants for one material as plants are merged into

one single plant now (which is not possible in standard).

" I need to have different  QM autho to be maintained for one single material , who all are responsible for clearing QC."

How to achieve this ..? At any point of time my business should be able to allocate the responsible for QC for respective materials'

Will be waiting for your valuable inputs experts.

Regards,

Daya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Need some more info on this to suggest!

1. Whether you were having 4 different user IDs to clear the lots in earlier scenario?
  2. How many active users you are now having in this newly formed (merged) Plant?
  3. How many instances the same material undergoes inspection? I mean do you have requirement like this_ If the material is procured it should be inspected by user 1 and if the same material is produced in-house then it should be inspected by user 2? Is it so?
  4. If so then you can manage it based on authorization objects of inspection type.
  5. Another alternative is - Authorization objects exist based on storage location. So if you can sort the materials or place them in the designated storage locations at the time of material movement then respective users can take ownership of their nominated locations.
  6. Even you go with QM material authorization group or Digital signatures I believe you at least need those many user IDs to proceed.

Would be great if you can provide the exact nature of control you want to establish along with the process flow!

Anand

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ananad ,

Thank you very much for you reply...

Please find the details below ,

1.Yes we are having different User id's.

2. All same active users which were in old system

3.Only for externally procured item .Respective person should be responsible from department wisey

to carry out the QC.

4. Authorization object based on inspection type is ruled out as it is only for externally procured items.

(Common materials which is used by different departments of same plant)

5.For this materials we have common storage location . so storage location authorization is ruled out.

Can you please guide me with any feasible solution which can suit my requirement .

Waiting for your inputs,

Regards,

Daya

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok! I understood it now. Daya, however I think you still need at least 1 differentiation to address this. Here the material is same, inspection event is also same i.e. incoming inspection and storage location where you inward this; is also same. How the system can identify that this consignment has to be inspected by user 1 and not the user 2? How physically you identify this?

I would still suggest that customizing separate storage locations (department wise) would be better option. So that if the material is ordered by Maintenance Department it will be placed in Location1 and if Production Department orders it the same should be placed in Location2.

But if your business situation still demands to have only 1 location then the question remains open that how and at what point you identify the owner of inspection activity? At the time of GR? before that or after the inspection lot creation?

BTW one alternative that peeped in to my mind just now is as below but this requires lot of ABAP work.

• Let us assume that based on purchase requisition you are identifying who should inspect this. e.g. if Maintenance Department had ordered this they must have raised PR in system using their valid user ID
  • So you can put the exit in system with logic that - System to check the PO and PR from inspection lot. From PR it should check who created it. If the user ID matches with current processor then only allow Stock posting or UD.
  • Perhaps exit QEVA0001 can be useful here to insert above logic.

I am still tending towards customizing new storage locations!

Anand

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand ,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

But how to differentiate with the department..?

We will get USERID from PR , but department.? How to make this to flow in inspection lot..?

My business needs it for multiple USERS authorization for same PR.

if one user is not avialble , other user should be able to clear that insepction lot.

Can you please help me out with this..

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, this contradicts what you asked before.  That the ability to clear is based on the user/department. Now you say.. no.. if one user is not available, other user should be able to clear? 

I'm with Anand, this will probably need some significant customization.

One idea that you might use is the "Purch. Group" in the Purchase Order.

Depending on your needs, you can do this a couple of ways.

Assign the Purch. Group to your releasers as a PID in their user profile.

System-->User profile-->Own data.  The PID for the purch. Group field is EKG.

At the time of the UD Check (user exit), verify that the PID of the user is the same as the PID in the purchase requisition.  If it is, allow UD, if not block UD.

If they need to UD another lot with a different Purch group, they can change their PID value.

If you want to lock them down a bit, don't let them (via security) change this PID.  Then create a Z-transaction to give to certain people to let them change a users PID value for EKG only.

The other option is to not worry about setting the PID but set up a custom table with user ID's and what Purch. groups they can make UD's for. Have the UD check against the Z table.

Craig

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check if the "QM material authorization group" in the material master fits your needs.

Regards

MH