Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core URL generation

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are currently migrating Sourcing from SAP cloud to a partner cloud. On one of the servers installed by the partner we have the following issue:

All URLs generated in emails have the following format:

The $APP_CONTEXT$ should be translated to /sourcing. This is OK on the other servers.

It's clear that they missed something, but does anyone know where is this configured?

Thank you,

Bogdan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

This is an interesting issue.  I had a look at your staging system with support and they ran a quick test asking for a new password.  The email  generated had a perfectly good URL.  The token $APP_CONTEXT$ is visable only within initial files in the system installation. It is supposed to be replaced with the context the system gets deployed in. In your case this is "/" not "sourcing".  I have not been able to get my personal system to display this problem with normal mail templates. Are you sure you see this with ALL mail templates?  As I said support was able to get a correct URL in thier test.

This is not something I expect you could fix on the application end. We could schedule a redeployment of the application in this landscape to see if that clears up the problem.  I'm going to ask for a copy of the deployment archive to see if I can find where this may have gone bad.

Regards,

Gary

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

One initial comment on your reply. This is happening on the partner cloud, not SAP cloud.

Current SAP cloud systems are OK, and $APP_CONTEXT$ is indeed '/'. No need to redeploy or anything.

On the partner cloud, the STAGING system (recently installed), has URL with /sourcing ... but all emails are getting generated with $APP_CONTEXT$.

I will try to relay to them the required update and maybe a system restart will fix it... Hopefully it will not require reinstalling everything. Can you tell me which file it is that they missed?

Bogdan

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry I was confused a bit as we also saw a CSS message on this.  As this server is deployed in a third party hosting facility, you are correct the context would be something other than "/".  What has happened in your hosting partner is not uncommon. There was most likley a failed deployment and then a redployment. What happens in Netweaver is the properties we setup as part of the SCA build are not updated in Netweaver. The easiest way to fix this is to shutdown the application. Next undeploy the current sourcing deployment. Then do a clean build of the SCA file, and deploy that. That should fix the mismatched property for the app context.

Regards,

Gary

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

I will relay that to them. Thank you.

I believe the OSS is also for the same thing (it is the STG system but partner cloud not on-demand).

They have created a new user in sap support, so I have no idea what information they provided... if YOU got confused I can't even imagine ... I'll try to get my hands on that user as well so that things will go more smoothly.

Regards,

Bogdan

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes the OSS is most likely for the same thing.  Your SCN post actually mentioned that this issue wasn't in the hosted system. Of course I had already started helping support look at I what I was led to believe was an SAP  hosting issue.  : ) my bad...

Support will not be able to fix the issue as the solution is in the deployment.  The provider will have to fix the deployment as I suggested above.  Probably not a bad idea going forward to include the  third party info as well in any OSS message.  I'm guessing the partner is fairly new to deployment of the sourcing application yes? Its a bit different than other SAP applications and has a few quirks when it comes to deployment. If everything goes smooth its fairly straight vforward. But if there are issues and you are forced to redo deployments have them ALWAYS undeploy the completely first.  I have seen any number of properties get out of synch when this isn't done,  APP_CONTEXT is only one of several this can happen to.

If need be we can discuss this with your 3rd party folks.

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, they are 'fairly new' when it comes to Sourcing.

The build indeed had some issues. V10 SP5 was released with some classes from V9 (related to virus scan) ... probably some branches got mixed-up in your dev SVN... so we are using a patched SP5 build for rollout.

Please also ask support to send the steps in the OSS message, to have it 'official'. I will also underline the fact that an undeploy is mandatory.

I'm not sure if they will need help, but if they do I'll make sure we ask for it.

Bogdan

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

I can't send you a direct message, so I'll post the info from our partner cloud team here:

"Can you ask your contact what are the exact options to rebuild the SCA ?

I ask this because the SAP configuration / installprogramm is buggy and we must intervene manually at every installation.

We got this information during the initial knowledge transfer."

If you can get in touch with them via the support ticket it would be great.

Regards,

Bogdan

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

on the rebuild of SCA (configure utility) problem. I was actually able to recreate a similar problem by trying to install the product over an existing installation WITHOUT uninstall.  My suggestion would be to either install the prodcut in a clean directory or uninstall it before install.  In either of those cases, the configure utility should behave properly.

Gary

Answers (0)