cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we can trigger G/L account with out maintaining account key in v/08 ?

former_member209864
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All

How we can trigger G/L account with out maintaining account key in v/08 ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stone_cold
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amith ,

It seems interesting but let us clarify below questions :

Could you help us to understand what is the biz. process associated with this functionality ?

What is the implication of maintaining GL in VKOA ?

BR,

Stone

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amith,

I agree with stone and glenn, please describe what you are selling and why you don't want to consider account keys in G/L account determination?

I had a similar requirement, in the process there was only price (no discounts, taxes, freights) because of was "booking process" (or advance payment process)

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amith,

Could you help us understand why you need to do this?

Glenn

former_member209864
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

It was my business requirement from client side as they dont want trigger G/L Account based on account keys.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Based on which field or combination client wants to determine the GL? You can use General table in VKOA for maintaining GL which doesn't require any account key assignment. It is at sales organization level assignment.

Thank$

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear MoazzaM,

Sorry for interruption, if we not maintained Account keys how system is understanding this condition type amount is sales revenues,sales deductions,freight revenues.  

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Account key doesn't tell system about revenue, expense or sales deduction. Account key tells only about which GL to post. The thing you are talking about is controlled from condition type settings. Condition category and plus minus indicator.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu, Moazzam,

Good question and good discussion!

I agree with venu, from account determination pov, the account key indicates if the value is revenue, freight, deductions ERL, ERF, ERS etc. The pricing condition types do not feature in account determination. For G/L account determination, these account keys can help in identifying what kind of amount it is.

TW