Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria on premise patch and hotfix release notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

We are using Afaria SP5 on premise.

Is there a possibility to receive a notification (email) when - or in the best case before - a new service pack or hotfix is being released?

Cheers,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tobias,

Greetings!!

If you feel the question is answered, please mark the discussion as "Answered" so that the users with similar query can look into the answered discussion.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd, hi Sushmitha

Thanks for your Information.

Unfortunately this does not seem to work very well...

The Product Roadmap is maybe goot to get an idea of what you are working on for future releases, but there are no concrete reliable releasedates. Therefore, the Information given in the Roadmap is not useful for our release management.

The links to the blog and the wiki pages are not useful too...

As you can see, i went to the notification editing page and added a filter:

What I see as a result with the given filter (from Mai 2015 to now) is this:

There is no release announcement for the two Afaria 7 hotfixes released in July:

Is there any other possibility to get push notifications for Afaria 7 hotfixes and patches? Or can you somehow make sure, that such releases make it to the SAP notification center?

Kind regards,

Tobias

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

all options outlined show what is available today.

As we just have started to use the SAP HotNews, which is used for Priority 1 updates only, you won't find updates of any previous announcements but the iOS9 related HotNote only. This at least would give you the option to receive priority 1 update notifications along with some other cross reference notes that are being displayed.

The link to Afaria - Announcements - Upcoming events provides you with an option to see the most recent product updates. If you sign up to watch this page, you can receive notifications if this page is being updated as well as you can follow one or more people that typically update this page. Not ideal but can be a temporary solution.

Our SAP Afaria development team is looking into using SAP TopNotes to announce regular HotFix or Service Pack updates which I believe is what you are asking for but this is not yet available today.

If you have a need to discuss this further, don't hesitate to drop me a notification via SCN with your contact details.

Best regards,
Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd

Thanks. Unfortunately the Wiki page can't be followed... I haven't found a way to get notifications when the Wiki-Page is updated.

But I've registered the notifications SAP HotNews for Afaria.

So I'm looking forward to get notified about the next Hotfix.

Cheers,

Tobias

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

were you logged in when you tried to sign up for updates?

BTW: Afaria 7 SP6 has just been released.

Best regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bern

Thanks for the hint. You were right, I haven't been logged in. I didn't realise that I need to log in separately for wiki.scn.sap.com

It seems that my Login session from scn.sap.com is not valid for wiki.scn.sap.com

I am watching the wiki page now.

And thanks for the Information concerning SP6.

Cheers,

Tobias

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I can suggest the following pages that might provide some way to stay on top:

Blog about SAP HotNews for critical updates

Wiki pages about Afaria announcement

If you for example sign up to "watch" this wiki page, you might already come close.

Another alternative would be to monitor SCN and eventually follow certain people or watch page updates about Afaria.
You could also sign up for feed updates on SCN which is an alternative notification method. Once you have set this feed up, you can easily filter by categories.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tobias,

This is to let you know that once the service packs are released in Frontline you can download from there.

If you would like to know the Product updates, you can always refer to the Product Roadmap in the Service Market Place. Here you go: http://service.sap.com/roadmap

Moreover, this is the document https://websmp206.sapag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000642892012D.pdf

which you will be referring in the Roadmap in SMP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha