Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Quantity Error with VLMOVE

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Using VLMOVE we are trying to move a Handling Unit (311–Transfer between plants) from a HU managed Sloc. But we get an error message Negative Stock : 15.000 material: XXXXX on HU XXXXXXXXX. SAP Message No. L9604

There is enough stock for this material.

Prior to posting this thread, I searched this forum for this error message and found some advice regarding implementation of SAP notes. In my system, the correction instruction from Note 366810 are already applied

Any lead in this regard will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Anuj Bhagawati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

A little debugging help me identify the problem. It was the field LQUAB-MENGE (total quantity)which was incorrectly updated, thus causing the problem.

Look for the string LQUAB-MENGE in the main program and check the variables against which this is being compared. Using breakpoints and at runtime the values against this field and the variable can be obtained to find the problem

Adding my analysis to this thread for the larger benefit of the group.

Cheers,

Anuj Bhagawati

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the plant & storage location where stock physically exist (or in book stock)  and check the source plant/ storage location you entered in VLMOVE to transfer the stock. is that matching

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Negative stock means that you don't have available 15.000 units of material XXXXX on that handling unit.
Inspect the handling unit itself to see if there is something that is making the stock on it not available.

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mihailo,

I've already checked my handling unit (VEKP & VEPO) alos the bin stock LX02. For the material and HU in question the stock quantity is the same that we are trying to transfer.

Quantity in HU = Stock in Bin = 1165 kg.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks,

Anuj Bhagawati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day

Check for any open transfer order, check for any negative stock balance in interim storage types. check the status of the stock in location is matching the status of the stock entered into the initial screens for your 311 movement.

Hope this helps