cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Write HCM Employee to SAP Master

0 Kudos

Hello,

Looking for some assistance with troubleshooting an error.  We have configured IDM 8 and HCM to export data into VDS.  However after attempting to export a single HCM record into the HCM Staging Area the Write HCM Employee to SAP Master job fails with the following error:

I have confirmed the record is exported and loaded into the DB and I have I confirmed the packages referenced are loaded under the main identity store. Please advise on how to address the write HCM Employee to SAP Master task fails.

Thanks,

Todd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

You can ignore the warning.

However you can just replace the prefix as shown below. Make sure SAP_MASTER_IDS_ID is available in constants node of com.sap.idm.hcm process

As explained by Peter, the script "custom_initializePassword" should be already there. If not add the script as shown below.

Kind regards,

Jai

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure how you want to manage passwords for identities in IDM. If you dont want to generate password while loading users from HCM, then you can remove the "Entry" script sap_addPassword in source tab.

Kind regards,

Jai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peterwass
Explorer
0 Kudos

custom_initializePassword is a script used to set the default password.  IIRC it should be defined but may not be included as a dependency in the task.

I assume the $pck is a 8.0 message.  Not sure if its going to be a problem or if it'll fall back.  If it is a problem, you'll need to modify the task and scripts to use the new constant identifier.

Peter