cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP screen personas: script to open a pop-up window (F4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a new screen for ME21N and I want to create a script to open directly a pop-up window for F4 help (ses[0]/wnd[1]). I tried to do it using the action "Press F key" to simulate F4 but it doesn't work (by the way F4 is not working even in read mode when I select the field and push F4).

Do you have any idea to solve my issue and to open this pop-up with a script?

Thank you for your help!

Audrey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide your script where you are using "Press F key" action?

If text box is read-only then the value is not editable, why do you need to open F4? Can you provide more details on which field and whether it shows F4 in webgui and SAP gui?

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

I want to open F4 on this field "Storage location" to have directly a pop-up (second screenshot) to choose the storage location:

In Screen Personas, it's working when I click on but not when I push F4 directly.

I think it's the reason why my script is not working:

* Complet first line is: ses[0]/wnd

[0] /usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0013/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS1100/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS1200/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI1211/tblSAPLMEGUITC_1211/colTABLECOLUMN[13]/cell[1]

Thank you for your help!

Audrey

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In Internet Explorer, F4 will be intercepted by the browser and is used to display the browsing history. Personas will not be able to change that, unfortunately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the explanation Tamas!

So do you think there is a another way to open this popup without using F4? Maybe a script to call directly the window ses[0]/wnd[1]?

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Audrey,

You need to send Press F key action to ses[0]/wnd[0] as shown below:

For user key press event as mentioned, it is browser dependent. If browser consumes F4 key (like in IE, it opens address bar dropdown) then the event is not passed to Silverlight. So as an alternative we have provided Shift+F key (Eg: Shift+F4) which you can use.

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Chinthan!

It's working.

Answers (0)