cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI SFTP adapter Exception received 3 , Getting <filename> failed

former_member184948
Active Participant

HI Experts,

I am working in a file to idoc scenario and while connecting to the source system third party, the sender SFTP channel fails and gives below error:

Error:Exception received 3 , Getting <filename> failed.

The firewall between servers are ok and we have similar outbound scenario where PI is able to drop files to this third party.

Any idea what could be the issue here?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor

Hi,

Can you please share your channel screenshot.

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sahithi,

Please see the screen shot

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Can you check if the user has read/write access on the server.

Also, please cross check the sftp channel configuration to make sure everything is okay.

You can check the logs for this specified error time through NWA-->Log Viewer

Regards

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

As Suggested by Vishu,Can you please check configuration details.If possible can you please share your communication channel parameter screenshot and ASMA settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

ru able to login into server using Winscp? check it and also check adapter configuration.

try to use.....if all connectivity is fine and adapter configuration are correct

use parameter skipRemoteDirCheck = true in additional parameters in advanced mode.

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks , this error got solved.

The issue was with the user authorisations, although this is not descriptive in error message.

For SFTP we get error something like this: Exception received 3 or 4 or X , I went to google and searched for SFTP error code and got to know that code 3 stands for persmission denied.

Used this URL

http://support.attachmate.com/techdocs/2285.html

So ,asked my source team to give full authorisation to the user we are using to login to their system and the issue got resolved.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks , this error got solved.

The issue was with the user authorisations, although this is not descriptive in error message.

For SFTP we get error something like this: Exception received 3 or 4 or X , I went to google and searched for SFTP error code and got to know that code 3 stands for persmission denied.

Used this URL

http://support.attachmate.com/techdocs/2285.html

So ,asked my source team to give full authorisation to the user we are using to login to their system and the issue got resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please confirm if the issue is solved .And , if solved then please provide the solution.

Thanks,

Anik Bose.