cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to display a pop up information message in a standard fpm application?

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please let me know how to get a pop up information message in a standard fpm application?

Thanks and Regards,

Shitanshu Sahai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitanshu,

I'd say you have to create a dialog box via FLUID editor, with a simple form GUIBB in it so you can add text (or whatever FPM block you need).
Then, at the event processing of your application, that is, when you want the popup to be displayed, write something like this :

cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( )->open_dialog_box( iv_dialog_box_id = 'your_dialog_id' io_event_data = lo_event_param ).

That should work.

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for you reply,

I tried doing the suggested but getting the below mentioned error

Exception condition "EXC_LORD_NOT_LOADED" triggered (termination: RABAX_STATE)

am trying to call this popup from the userexit.

Thanks.

Shitanshu Sahai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitanshu,

As far as I know...

You can't call the popup from the user exit, you have to do it in a feeder class (or application controller).

For example, let's say you have an FPM application with a GUIBB, and only one button within it. This GUIBB must be associated with a feeder class. In the PROCESS_EVENT method of this feeder class, you can add the code I mentioned previously (...open_dialog_box...).

As a prerequisite, you have to create the dialog box in the configuration of the FPM application. The ID you provide there is the ID you use to call OPEN_DIALOG_BOX. This dialog box should be supplied with GUIBBs (almost) as any other FPM screens.

That is, the dialog box does not exist outside the FPM application.

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shitanshu,
the most easiest and fastet way to have a popup with some simple text on it is through the FPM needs confirmation concept. Just google the key words "FPM needs confirmation" or check our developer guide for this.

Kind regards,
Ulrich