cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please let me know that project id created in Solman can be used in any other system??I am very new to this.In transport organizer i need to get the project ID in creating the request.

Regards

Soundarya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are creating a project and creating the IMG project id in your managed development system then yes you can use that and you can assign that project id to the transports in managed system.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Can you let me know the steps to do it

Regards

Soundarya

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sure

From this:-

Solution Manager go to transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN

Go to tcode :- SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN

“Create a Project”

The main points in the creation of a project for Change Request Scenario are:

- Decide if your project is an implementation or a Maintenance project; see the differences in the Solution Manager Documentation. For our test case select a maintenance project.

- In System Landscape Tab

Systems: here you have to enter your logical component

Take into account that all systems that belongs to the TMS landscape must be assigned to the same logical component, because all system must have the

same product version (exception in case of an upgrade).

This means that in the same logical component each system must have assigned a role, you can have a minimum of two systems for Charm scenario but you can have for example 5 systems with different roles in your real landscape.

In our test case you will have this:

Always define here the same landscape that you have defined in the STMS of the real landscape, if not the Charm scenario can not be activated. This point is always the point that more problems gives in the activation of Charm scenario!!!

- In IMG project tab: define always a project in the development system ONLY!  You need to define this project in the development system in order to assign to this project all transport orders that you are going to create via a Change request in the solman system, this is a prerequisite for Charm scenario!

See the above iTutor to see how to define this IMG project.

Don’t define IMG projects in other roles, systems, different to development.

Thanks

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please close the thread if this is resolved.

Thanks

Rishav

Answers (0)