Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic light in MD07 for exception message

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

After running MRP, I try to check stock/requirement overview using tcode MD07. I see that one of material has exception in exception group 4 and currently has traffic light = green (the material just recently has MRP run on it). At that time, the current stock for the material can last to 999.99 days.

I then change the definition of traffic light so that if the material has exception group 4 then the material will show red light. After saving the changes, I see that the traffic light still green.

This confuse me. I try to use tcode MD06 to see MRP list collectively. For the same material, the current traffic light is green. I change so that f the material has exception group 4 then the material will show red light. After savinv, then i see the traffic light switch to red.

My questions:

Are the change of traffic light for exception message only applicable for MRP list and not applicable for stock/requirement list? I found it very odd, as I really want to have a mark in stock/requirement list as this list show to the analyst the most current stock situation rather with the MRP list which is the snapshot of what happen when MRP run is executed.

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you want to see/define traffic lights in MD04 ? If yes below threads explains the same,

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3282878

Traffic light in Stock requirement list based o... | SCN

I am not sure if the changes done in MRP list will automatically reflect in stock requirement list.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

Thanks for the reply, but what i mean is in the collective access.

As you might already know for stock requirement list, for individual access, we can use tcode MD04, and for collective access we can use MD07 (though actually we can also use MD04 and then choose tab collective access).

In this stock/requirement list collective access, for example I have material like this:

As you can see material FORECAST_020:ZZ is having green traffic lights. Note that this material also have 9 exception that fall on exception group 4

I change the definition of the traffic lights:

Now I set that if materials are having exception in group 4, it supposedly has red traffic light

After that I see that nothing happen. the material still having green traffic light:

the behaviour is different if we are using MRP list collective access (tcode MD06) or using tcode MD05 and then choose tab 'Collective access;.

In the MRP list: collective access I have the same material

FORECAST_020:ZZ is green with 9 exception message fall in group 4

Then I change the setting:

so if materials having exception messages in group 4 it will have red traffic light

After doing the changes, I see the list again:

As you can see now that FORECAST_020:ZZ now is having red traffic light.

So the question is why there is a difference in behaviour? Or there are something that I need to do?

Best regards,

John

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for explaining the problem, I now understand that your user specific traffic light settings are not reflecting in Stock requirement list but working as expected in MRP list.

Please check below,

If this indicator is set then system shows the evaluation profile settings defined in OMIA, please un check and check if your settings are reflecting in MD04.

Does your material master for the problem material have a coverage profile in MRP 2 view ? Try making it blank and check as well.

Please check and revert if above settings prove useful.

The SAP Help Link for your reference is,

Evaluation of Range-of-Coverage Data with Evaluation Profile - Evaluating the Planning Run (PP-MRP-P...

Hope this helps or guides you in the right direction.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

In the setting of traffic light i dont have tick indicator 'Mat-specific limit values', I also dont have any coverage profile assigned in MRP2 view (it is blank in the material master).

I try to assign it and check, the behaviour is still the same.

Best regards,

John

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear John,

I now checked this in my system and it works as expected when I change the setting it is immediately reflected back in the stock requirement list,

I would suggest you check SAP notes and KBA's or raise a SAP incident

Example:

837912 Problems in MD04,MD05 and MD06

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

Is it really working in your system? Can you send me some screenshot for it? (MD07 where the exception group 04 will trigger red traffic light)?

Best regards,

John