cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get username with SAML authentication in iOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I try to retrieve the username who has just registered.

To register on the server, I use a SAML authentication with MALLogonUIViewManager that shows me a webpage that comes directly from the server.

Authentication is successful but when I try to retrieve the username, I use the code:

MAFLogonRegistrationData * data = [self.logonHandler.logonManager registrationDataWithError: & error];

and inside, my username is empty and my password is nil.

How can I do to get the name of the user who has just registered with this type of authentication ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally, I have not found how to do, so I bypassed the problem: I identify via SAML, so when I make my first request, the server already knows who I am, so I added the username in the response of my first web service.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone ? :s

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Please see if any of this link helps:

Regards,

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

Thanks to your answer, but I don't use Kapsel, I use the native framework iOS for SMP.

I still look if I could recover the username sent via SAML but I have not found 😕

Regards.

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

I have not worked on this, but I found this link which talks about SAML with iOS http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp306sdk/helpdata/en/a0/495a06c35c4032b8b82e0a28c19354/content.htm

You may also look at the Native SDK plugins & its Documentation which has been installed during the Installation.

Hope this helps before anyone gives you the full details.

Regards,

Nagesh