cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring activities in Outlook not syncing to C4C?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

When creating recurring activities in Outlook (eg. meetings that repeat at the same time every week for a fixed period), it is not possible to sync these to the C4C calendar (see screenshot below).

In my opinion this is a gap, since you will have situations where you are planning activities in C4C without being able to see that they conflict with a recurring meeting that cannot be synced from your Outlook calendar.

Any suggestions on how to handle this, and knowledge of whether or not it is a functionality that is on the roadmap? This is a big issue in our current project, as we are using the Outlook Integration very actively.

Best,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

SAP Cloud for Customer does not support recurring activities in the way Outlook does. Hence the feature to sync recurring activities is disabled in the Outlook add-in - we actually detect that the meeting is recurring and hide the option to avoid any confusion.

This item is on our long term roadmap at the moment.

Best regards,

Ankan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ankan.

In my opinion this is something that badly needs to be added. Recurring meetings is a very commonly used feature when people work in Outlook, and if we want integration between the C4C and Outlook calendars these should also be represented in C4C. In the context of my clients requirements this is a clear gap, and I suspect it would be the same for a lot of other potential clients.

spencer_tillim
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Ankan,

Has there been any update to this.  I have the same issue.  I cannot add a recurring series.  Nor can I add an individual meeting that is a part of a recurring series.  This is a major aspect of my regular activity.

Thank you,

Spencer

Suchita92
Participant
0 Kudos

This is really very common functionality so SAP need to come up with this asap.

Integrating outlook and promising sync etc. but not allowing recurring tasks and recurring appointment is bit awkward.

Also, there is no way to schedule reminders from C4C for certain tasks such an on a long term opportunity, rep would like to follow up on every 2 months. Currently, there is no way to do this .

Thanks - Suchita

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thomas_vanlooy2
Explorer

FYI: there's an Idea for this: Recurring appointments : View Idea

Former Member

Hi all - we have the same requirement - for Visits + Appointments. Just to make you aware that we also need this functionality.

Thanks Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We also would like to stress this requirement.

Is there a work around for this issue?

Kind regards,

Sofie

wilson_degressi
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello experts!

with the new release for SAP C4C, launched on February 2021 is the recurring appointment/visits working properly ?

We have tried but still with no success - we get an error message on outlook explaining it's not possible to synchronize recurring appointments .

Please advise,

Thank you -

Wilson

0 Kudos

Any update on syncing recurring outlook appointments with C4C?