Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order can be rejected after goods issue - Not logical

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Sales order is placed with item 10.

Outbound delivery is created (full quantity)

Goods issue is posted (full quantity)

After goods issue, sales order is opened with VA02 transaction and ITEM CAN BE REJECTED.

Question: what triggers that I can reject a sales order after is has been delivered?

Input will be highly appreciated!

BR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Summet Sah,

🙂 BR stands for Best Regards, my name is Felix.

Agree with you this is not standard behavior and I am looking for Z code.

We have no special process: we have only realized it is possible to reject orders after delivery: this is not desired by customer.

Thanks and BR( Best Regards)

Felix

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Felix,

Apology for the same.

In that case you need to debug it and find out why this is happening.

Request you to please share findings.

Thanks

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Summet Sah,

your analysis is correct:

If sales order is delivered (goods issued) the system should not allow to reject the order => rejection code should be in grey.

However, this is not the case: after goods issue, a rejection code can be inserted.

Any ideas?

BR

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear BR,

I don't think this a standard SAP behavior, you need to check/understand why rejection code is inserted.

As per my understating good issue need to be reversed and then sales order can be short closed but in your scenario its not line that. If possible help us to understand why this process is?

Thanks

SS

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Felix,

If in so qty: 10 and delivery is created for qty:10, then in VA02 transaction line item will as grade out and no changes can be done. This is standard SAP behavior. If system is not behaving is way, then you need to check the configuration.

Thanks.

SS

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Logically the answer should come from business why they cancelled the sales order, isn't it? Your customer is the one who is placing the order to whom you are delivering. You are in between of the process and assuming your customer ask's to reject the same (could be any reason which needs to be checked with customer service in your organization).

I hope you have maintained right reasons for order rejection in customizing which is filled accordingly in sales order while cancelling which could tell you half of the story (or even full depending upon the reason).

Though cross check your settings.

Regards

Rahul