cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Intelligence Rich Client Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im trying to get Web Intelligence Rich Client to work under a Corporate build of Windows 7 64bit. I know the firewall has given access to the cloud services but the system does not connect. It works fine under the Old XP system but not on the new Windows 7 system.

I have checked all the sqlnet / tnsnames & listner.ora files from both Win7 and XP and they are the same but get the following error (See Attached)

Install: Oracle 10.2.0.4 and Business Objects XI

Please can someone offer some suggestions.

Regards

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i dont understand is that the software that is installed on XP and Win7 are the same and Oracle client is the same as well, so surly it should just work the same. All 32b Software. Onlt difference apart from Xp and 7 is the 7 is 64bit opp system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

It may be a case that oracle 64 bit got installed. We can check in a very eays way to make sure which one it is

1. launch SQL plus and login.

2. open windows task manager

3. In Application tab righ click on the SQL plus application and select Go To Process

4. It will show the exe responsible for running SQL plus. Now here if you see a *32 in front of exe name it means that right drivers are install and we need to check something else if *32 is not present it means you got 64 bit drivers and need to get rid of it and get a 32 bit one for correct working

Hope this helps

Regards,

Harshad Deshpande

Message was edited by: Harshad Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Can you check if you are able to pull table values in SQL Plus by writing a sql. It would help us narrow down where the issue is? In tns configuration or from BO side. If you are not able to pull table values in SQL plus itself I would recomend you to get a DBA and check the client configuration

Regards,

Harshad Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to set the 32-bit connectivity up too.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might be tnsnames.ora file is not in the default location.copy the tnsnames.ora file in the Oracle root\network\ADMIN folder and create an environment variable that points to this file.Check this if envirnment variable is missing in windors 7 machine.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm no ORACLE expert, In fact i don't really know it at all, but its in the right location from what i can see

C:\WCCAPP~1\Oracle\Ora10g\NETWORK\ADMIN and the "path" location is correct as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry dont mean to be thick but how cant find frameworki-bo.... in the tnsnames file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

A very basic question. The oracle clients that are in use are they 32bit? can you confirm the same with your DBA. The BO client will not understand 64bit installation of oracle clients.

Regards,

Harshad Deshpadne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try pinging your database using:

tnsping dbserviceid

from command, where dbserviceid is the entry in tnsnames.ora for the database you are trying to connect to. Let us know what message it displays.

-Ankush