cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in File based TDMS refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are exploring option for full client refresh of ECC with systems in two different data centers.

I created a package selecting file based refresh and created data files in control system drive, Now i have below questions

- Do i need to copy data files manually to target system ?

- In file based refresh i didnt see logical system mapping how to do it in file based refresh

- Say after data files copied to target system , how to import data to tables in target system

- Do we have to lock target system manually?

Pls send me any links with file based refresh details.

regards

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amit_sharma36
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello VInay,

Once export activity is finished in export package. Your files are ready.

In import package, TDMS is using logical path DMIS_DEX_ROOT which is by default pointing to transport directory path. You need to keep these files at this location and execute import package . All other steps will be automatically handled.

In case you can't save it in transport directory. change physical path using tcode file in control system of import package.

Refer to help.sap.com for file transfer guide.

regards,
Amit Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit, I am going thru Filetransfer guide in support portal. I got few answers to the question i has posted earlier.

I just tried to create import package it worked as expected. I am more familiar with RFC based transfer and this also similar.

I had couple of things to check with you,

- Can we specify separate server to store export files? i mean not control server or receiver server.

- Say ECC DB size is 500GB , while exporting do we need 500 GB space in TDMS/control server?

- Do we need to create two separate RFC's?

For Export : Sender To TDMS To server where files are stored

For Import  : Server where files are stored to TDMS To Receiver

regards

Vinay

amit_sharma36
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Vinay,

You can change execution target to store files in any other involved system like central or receiver system. it is not mandatory to save it in control system.

In order to find steps to change it, please refer to how to guide available on help.sap.com for TDMS 4.0 file transfer topic

Regards,
Amit Sharma