cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updation of text fields in sales document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, In our business process & security design decided that all users should not have the access to the transaction VA02 but limited users has the access. But all Customer service users needs to have the access to update the text fields at sales order header. Is there any way we can update the text fields in sales order header without accessing VA02?  or Is there any way we can restrict the access only to maintain text fields using VA02? Any suggestions?

Regards, SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is one standard solution for this. You can use parameter SD_SWU_ACTIVE in your user profile SU01 and create note in VA03.

Explore this option and let me know the business response on this.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

In VA03, in sales order, I don't see the highlighted icon.

In VF03, I do see it, Services for objects. And can choose, Create personal notes.

Please explain your suggestion, in more details.

TW

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have maintained the parameter I have shared earlier, you should be able to see the service object in VA03 as well. Please check with you basis guy why you are not able to see this in VA03. Check the below screen where I can see in VA03.

Let me know if you need more details on this.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mastan,

Please explain about this business requirement. What text needs to be updated, by any member of CS dept? Any update required, can be sent via email to the few who have access to VA02 and these users can copy paste the text in the order. This wont take much time.

Do all CS staff have access to VA03? (to check if "their" text has been updated)

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, It's not acceptable to the business. Every CSR needs to update text fields but while creating sales order they do not have all the information. As per the access restriction only some of the CSR's have the access to vA02. Now solution I am looking is that without giving the access to the VA02, we create new custom transaction and calling text tab in back ground and have the capability to update the text field. If any one has any thoughts highly appreciated. Verified with screen variant and doesn't work. Regards, SK

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mastan,

After entering this text, what does business want to do with it?

TW

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already updated, this functionality can only be built through the help of development team. You should take the help of ABAP and security team for this.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mastan,

There is an option of creating a custom transaction but you need to discuss this with the Security team. Post this in security form.

TW