cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Customer Exit Variables missing in Query Designer For Infoset Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have created a Infoset having multiple Joins with DSO & master Data Objects(Inner & Left) outer joins both. Now when I try to restrict the Infoojects, I am not able to get the customer exit & authorization variables that I have created over the InfoOjects.

If I directly create a query over a DSO or Master data InfoObjects, I am able to use all the my Customer & authorizations variables.

This could be possibly because when we use Infoobjects in a infoset, InfoObjects uniquely provides a technical name for all the objects used in it. So say I am created a customer Exit Variable of 0PERS_AREA & and a authroization Variable on InfoObject (say PERS_AU) But when I use this infoObjects in Infoset its identified in Infoset as XXX_F01 & XXX_02(XXX is the Infoset name) ..

Though the manual Input variable , I can access on Infoset objects in Bex Query Designer but when saving its shows some error(but when I tries to run the query it words despite of the error dsiplayed in Designer)

But how could I use Customer & Authorizations Variables .

Regards,

Fox

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Manage to resolve the issue. For the variables to be accessed what I did apart from Infoset wherein I am doing all the data Processing, I have added all the Master data objects & DSO invovled in the Infoset separately in the Infoset. Then I drag those objects by while doing Identification I used the respective field which are in the Infoset. This way I have my all the normal Infoobjects for which I can access all the ariables created over it. Though for few it may seem redundanty to add Objects separately even when those object are already Involved in the Infoset but this is way through which we can access all the varibles creatde over the infoobject which other way in not available when using Infoset Objects in the query.

Regards,

Fox

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Just to update you all in query over the infoset, I am able to access the base characteristics variables rather than variables that were created on the reference variable for a characteristics .

So lets say I am having a characteristics  as XXX & XXX_R is the reference characteristics of XXX . Now lets say I have few variables on characteristics XXX as XXX_V1, XXX_V2(its can customer exit, Authorization Variables or normal manual input). Also variables created over reference characteristics is say as XXX_R_V1 & XXX_R_V2. Now my infoset is having XXX & XXX_R both. Now when I am trying to restrict XXX_R is the Bex Query designer, I am only getting variables created over XXX(from XXX_R is created as reference) instead of variables over XXX_R. Also when tryinh to restrict XXX, I am getting all the variables created over XXX.

Do not why this strange behavior in case with infoset.

Regards,

Fox

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fox,

Even if you have an infoset , the variables created on the info object should be appearing. I mean both the customer exit and the Authorisation variable should be available for you in the query even if the query is on top of an infoset.

For eg.  Fiscper is the infoobject and when you use it an infoset  it might change to XXX_01. Even in that case when you select the variable list it has to show all the variable that has been created on FISCPER. System still refers the info object variable list in the query.

If you are not able to see then let me know what is the infoobject you are using

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Nope I have multiple objects for which I am not able to find authorization & customer exit when used in Infoset . In my scenario , I have a multiprovider over a Infoset.

Lets say I took one infoobject. LAYER_AU, now below screen show you the respective infoObject in Infoset & Query Designer where I am not able to fid the Auth variables created over it.

Now as you can see in the 4th screenshot , I am able to find the auth variable created as shown in fig3(highlifghted)

Regards,

Fox

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fox,

Can you pls provide the screen shot of the variable which is missing. ( I mean the Bex variable screen shots)

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

None of the auth variable created onLAYUR_AU, the one that I specifically need is circled as below. The same is the case with other customer exit & auth variables on various other InfoObjects.

Regards,

Fox

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fox

In the case of authorization variable  what I think is that the system ignores the variables if they are of same kind.  It shows only one of them if all the variable criterias are same.

Please check the whether it behaves the same way incase of customer exit

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same is true with customer exit variables as well. Do not understand why some are displaying while others are not.

Regards,

Fox

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for all variable check the variable proparty  mandatory or optional

i can see the table level have customer exit and authrization variables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kodanda,

All the auth variables are optional input , wherein customer exits are mandatory.

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

for the auth variable, what I percieve that the system only allow to restrict me with the variables of base objects rather then the Auth Object ( so like I have Obj 'AAA' & refrence object of AAA as 'AAA_AU', now both of them are in the infoset. Now when I drag & drop the AAA_AU which in Infoset become say INF_F237, it only displays be the variable of AAA instaed of variables that I made on AAA_AU.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Fox