cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to customize the displayed data source I can select in Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, experts,

We are facing with a requirement to customize or we can say 'restrict' the data sources for selection in Lumira.

Users are provided with a large variety of data source (Excel, Text, HANA, BW, Universe, and so on. But only a few is being used) in Lumira 1.27 when user are trying to add new dataset, no matter from the very beginning of creating new dataset, or adding a new dataset for merging&combining. But not all the users are clear what the data sources are, and they have to scroll down to get the real ones they need.

In this situation, we are hoping that there is a way to customize the data source for selection in Lumira, for example, only Excel, Connect to SAP HANA, Connect to SAP Business Warehouse are provided as options, so that it can be clearer and less of puzzlement.

It is a tiny requirement, but meaningful. Don't know whether it can be achieved in Lumira at current version. Hope you experts can shed some light on it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this sounds like "desktop governance" which is described in this article here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-63470

from the BI CMC you can control which features are enabled in the Lumira desktop product

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry.

I read the article and based on it I found a few more documents on desktop governance, seems it can make a difference. Gonna give it a try afterwards when back to the office.

Best Regards,

Chen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think both your idea and Emil's idea would make great post in the SAP Idea Place for Lumira:

SAP Lumira: Ideas

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tweeted the idea on CRnAnalysisTips. If only 3% of the followers vote it up, it will make it into the "Under consideration" bucket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chong Chen

I feel that instead of modifying the software itself, educating the users would be a better approach.

There is nothing bad about understanding what a data source is or what separate them, and as picking a data source is the first step besides starting the software itself towards making a visualization it should be a great place to start.

Although i do agree with you to some degree, a 'sort' function in that list would be tremendously helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Emil.

You are right that educating is necessary and important. And personally I do think that sorting and filtering the necessary ones for display and selection can make it convenient for users.

And thanks for your post on Ideas Place.