Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition to Existing Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,
   i have a question about  putaway in wm "addition to existing stock ",

now when i putaway, i use addition to existing stock , if there is not existing stock in my wharehouse,it will suggest an empty bin. but i dont want to it suggest the empty bin, i hope that" it will suggest   an existing stock, if there is no, i want to input an bin (donot want to system suggest an empty bin), how to do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

You can't achieve both goal simultaneously., as it's a standard process. You have to select foreground process and change the bin, but, you have to check the stock in LX02 before doing that which isn't a solution. You can use above mentioned user Exit to put a check, if no stock , can select the bin with any message like "No stock exists manually select stock" to throw a trigger to the user.

Regards,

Ravi

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is SAP standard, with putaway strategy I- addition to existing stock if there is no stock system in the warehouse then system will propose empty bin, if there is already stock for the same material and batch then system will propose the same bin where stock can be accommodated based on capacity(if capacity check active)

if you want to enter the new bin during putaway then either you have to go with Manual strategy but in this case for all incoming pallet system will prompt for storage bin or else you can write custom putaway logic in user exit MWMTO003 as per your business requirment