Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird refresh issue in Fiori My Inbox app

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have configured the Fiori My Inbox app in our landscape to integrate a custom workflow. We also made some UI extensions in the SAPUI5 app for hiding the extra buttons in the footer like Release, Claim, Open Task etc.

The app was running fine and tested in the development landscape and then we transported it to the QA system.

When we opened the app in the QA Fiori Launchpad, we were able to see the work item data in the My Inbox app and were also able to approve/reject the work items.

Now what happens on approve/reject is that the work item gets processed and gets removed from the master view list on the left hand side (with count 0). But the detail part still shows the data from the work item with the approve and reject buttons. Ideally on approve/reject this should also have been made blank and the text No items are currently available should have appeared. So essentially what is happening is that the master part is getting refreshed automatically on processing the work items but the detail part refreshes only on manually clicking the refresh icon.

When we manually click the refresh icon then we see that the detail part gets refreshed and shows the message No items are currently available (since there are no work items pending with the user).

Does anyone have an idea why this must be happening? That too in the development system this does not happen.

I hope I have described the issue clearly.

Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue was resolved by applying SAP Note 2205281.

Regards,

Saurabh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

It is known issue. Apply SAP note 2151346. It will solve detail view refresh issue.

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

We are facing the same issue, but our component is already at a higher level and hence the note is having the status "cannot be implemented".

Any other suggestions from anyone?

Regards,

Karan

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Karan and me are working on the same project.

In our case the My Inbox version is already 1.6.2, so the note 2151346 is not applicable. Is there any note available for this version of the My Inbox app as well?

Regards,

Saurabh

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have also noticed that in the My Inbox Fiori app at the SAP Fiori Demo Cloud Edition, Extended Demo that on processing a work item with approve/reject, the master list gets automatically refreshed and the work item is removed from the list. But even after this the detail view keeps showing the data of the processed work item. Only after we manually click the refresh icon in the master view does the detail view show the correct data of the next selected work item from the master list.

Is this a bug in the standard app itself? As far as we can think, this should not be the expected behavior and automatic refreshing of the master as well as detail views should happen in all cases.

Has anyone come across this scenario?

Regards,

Saurabh

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

One more update - the detail part automatic refresh does not happen only when there is a single work item in the list. If we have more than 1 work item, the work item gets cleared from master list and the detail part gets refreshed with the details of the next work item.

For e.g.

When we have work items 100, 101 and 102 in the master list. By default the first item shown in master list is 102 followed by 101 and 100. The detail part shows details of the request 102. When we approve/reject this work item, master list gets refreshed, 102 goes off from the list and 101 is selected. At the same time the detail part gets refreshed with the details of work item 101.

But suppose we have only 1 work item in the master list - say request 100. When we approve/reject the master section gets refreshed, item 100 is removed but the detail section still shows the details of request 100 along with the Approve and Reject buttons.

Any ideas anyone? Probably

Regards,

Saurabh