cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Master Data access in MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know whether there would be  any threat to ECC master data if one has the access to T-Codes XD01, XD02, XK01, XK02 in MDG system.

of course, i understand that any data changes made to master data in  MDG via t- codes XD01,XD02,XK02, XK01, would get transferred to ECC.

Request you to let me know what would be the impact if one has the access to the above mentioned T-codes.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You typically provide these transactions in an MDG system in fire-fighter roles for those extremely urgent and critical situations that need to be fixed right away.

However, replicating the data to the ECC system depends on how your system is setup. If you have IDOC's setup, then, yes, data would be replicated. Keep in mind however that you might be missing some of the features offered by the DRF when you update data directly in those transactions.

former_member190949
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reshma,

In your 2nd sentence you are referring to change in MDG system byXD01,XD02,XK02, XK01.

I do not understand why would you use XK01, XK02 etc for Vendor create/ change in MDG.

The whole purpose is to have governance by creating Change Requests which iwll go through approval process.

Thanks,

Kavita