cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pesonas XK01 Quirk - Pressing Enter too many times

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I'm experiencing strange behavior in my Personas Flavor for transaction, XK01.  When I'm entering data for the material in the Org Levels pop-up and I press Enter in the 'Select Views' pop-up, the system behaves as if I've pressed enter again after the Basic data 1 screen has rendered.  In other words, I'm getting the following error thrown, "E: Fill in all required entry fields", despite only having clicked enter once. 

This does not happen when I run the transaction via Basic View in Personas nor in SAPGUI.   There are no hidden scripts that are being run when I press enter - I've checked the PushOnEnter property.  The same error is thrown in the Basic View 1 screen when I click the green check mark instead of pressing enter.

What's even more vexing is that my user is experiencing this issue but my colleague is not!  He doesn't receive this error at all through the same flavor.

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have changed the userarea size (by hiding toolbar or titlebar or menubar) then it will result in 2 screen request to backend, first to fetch screen and 2nd to resize. So it is possible that the validation kicks in on 2nd request. So check if there is resize and unhide the controls if required.

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chinthan,

THANK YOU - That was it!  I had to unhide the titlebar in the initial screen for it to avoid a second screen request that occurred in Basic data 1 screen.

I believe the reason why some users experienced this error and others didn't was because some users prefer to maximize their Personas Screen within the browser - this allowed the system to forgo the second screen request.

Thanks again!

Simmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chinthan,

Do you know if this 'issue' is resolved in Personas 3.0 SP1?  I.e. if we have a Personas Flavor set-up similarly with a toolbar hidden in 3.0 SP1, would there be a second request on a transaction like what happened in MM01 in 2.0 SP3 that would cause an error to be thrown?

Thanks!

Simmy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I pretty much recreated your flavor based on your screen shots and don't experience the same behavior:

This was done in a system on Personas 2.0 SP3, with the latest patches and notes applied, according to the cumulative note 1964257. So the first question is: what state is your environment in, i.e. what Personas SP level, kernel patch are you running on and are all necessary notes applied?

That it behaves differently between users is indeed strange...

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ah, Chinthan beat me (again) with the right solution