cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to delete a Transport of Copy in ChaRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ChaRM Experts !

Recently ran into an issue where a lot of end users are creating Transport of Copy by mistake. I am wondering if its possible to delete a Transport of Copy from the Dev client ?

Details

----------

Solution Manager 7.1 SP 11.

80+ End users

ChaRM process out of the box.

Steps

---------

1. End users create a transport and perform development.

2. Release the Task and set the NC status to 'To be Tested'

3. A Transport of Copy (TOC) gets created.

4. TOC gets moved to QA.

5. Testing gets completed in QA.

6. Instead of setting the status to 'Successfully Tested' user sets the status to 'In Development'

7. Sets the status to 'To be Tested' again to move fwd in the process. Another TOC is created at this stage.

8. When they try to Set the status to 'Successfully Tested' a message appears saying 'Not all Test Transports have been moved'.

Instead of moving the TOC again, it would be preferable to delete it instead. Currently there is an option to delete the parent transport but there is no delete option to delete the Transport of Copy.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

-Anshul Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

The message "Not all Test Transports have been moved" appears because you have not imported all TOCs to QA. There is no need to delete TOCs just import all of them to QA and set the status "successfully Tested".

regards,

Sumanth Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

I understand the solution but given the volume of TOCs that are being created in error it is just preferable to the client to delete the TOCs instead.

Thanks,

-Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a TOC is getting generated for second time.. is it showing in your Change document and is it getting released automatically..?

Please confirm.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Yes to both questions. I will try to add a screen shot later during the day.

-Anshul