cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Alerts not working in IBP

wnman2005
Explorer
0 Kudos

We created custom alerts as shown below but are unable to view charts or have them show up in the dashboard on the right? Can you please suggest what needs to be done?  Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wnman2005
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the guidance thus far.  I have created a support message for the time horizon drop down issue in the Web UI. 

As for the key figure alert in Excel,  I am trying to populate the "Inv vs Target Cost Threshold" key figure, but I get the error message around adding a new combination.  I am added it at the product family, location level.

I have added the combination (per the screenshot), and saved the template, and updated the template.  I've also logged in and out and tried it again.  Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you for your help.

Will

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Inv vs Target Cost Threshold is defined at the granularity level of Prod Fam & Location. Hence, Prod and Cust descriptions are not valid attributes to add a new combination.

If you take these 2 attributes out, there should be no issues in saving the new combination.

Regards

Alecsandra

wnman2005
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you!  This works now.   Why would it also show up in the "Custom Alerts with no exceptions" section, if there are exceptions?

-Will

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I guess you need to raise an OSS for that.

Regards

Alecsandra

wnman2005
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you again.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

The alert chart is not displayed as the time profile uses an apostrophe (single quote).  This is corrected in 4.0.2.1.  You can reload the time profile using a different separator to render the chart, e.g. Jul-2015.

Regards,

wnman2005
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Kenton, but how would I reload the time profile?  I try to create a new alert or I go back to my old alert and am not able to type in the month and nothing comes up in the drop down

0 Kudos

Hi William,

You can load an adjusted time profile via the Data Integration menu.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar issue. Im just trying to setup simple alert as below but can't see any in web UI alert monitor screen.

0 Kudos

Can you include a screenshot of the subscription you created for this definition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenton

I was actually able to get this alert work. but for another one like MAPE>30 % im not getting any alerts.

alert subscription

I have also noticed that if i do simulation i get clear message like below

Information/IBP/CM_DMFCS_FRMWRK1Forecast model AZ1_Moving_AVG executed9/28/2016 18:16
Information/IBP/CM_DMFCS_FRMWRK2Step 1 of 1 forecasting steps9/28/2016 18:16
Information/IBP/CM_DMFCS_FRMWRK66The Simple Average algorithm executed.9/28/2016 18:16
Information/IBP/CM_DMFCS_FRMWRK65The Simple Moving Average method was applied.9/28/2016 18:16
Information/IBP/CM_DMFCS_FRMWRK13Processing planning object PRDID = 10001, CUSTID = 1019/28/2016 18:16
Information/IBP/CM_DMFCS_FRMWRK14MAPE: 9.85%9/28/2016 18:16
Information/IBP/CM_DMFCS_FRMWRK13Processing planning object PRDID = 10002, CUSTID = 1019/28/2016 18:16
Information/IBP/CM_DMFCS_FRMWRK14MAPE: 71.198%

9/28/2016 18:16

but when i run the job the logs are not like above

Where do i see logs like above

0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems your alert rule is not defined correctly.  You haven't filled in the second key figure, so you haven't specified the what the >= 30% is compared against.

Regarding the other problem, you should open this as a new topic and not highjack this thread.

Best regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kenton,

Do you have any suggestion as to what it should be compared against because in APO we usually define it like this. I'm pretty sure its different in IBP. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

If you just want to compare it versus a static threshold, you use a rule that is absolute versus that threshold.  For example, MAPE KF > 30.  This will show those items where the forecast is off by 30%.

If you use the percentage rule you specify the KF that is being tested and the KF that it is being tested against.

I recommend that you review the documentation on help.sap.com.  It covers this.

"

You can define rules in either of the following ways:

• Absolute: One key figure that is compared to a threshold value.
  • Percentage (%): Two key figures, where both are compared using a percentage value.

"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kenton! Problem fixed

wnman2005
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've uploaded the latest Time Profile and am trying to create a Custom Alert.  Is there a reason why the Time Horizon drop down does not work?  Sometimes the 1st box has a drop down with the months, and the 2nd box does not.  Now both drop downs do not work.

Any suggestions would help.  I've provide the screenshot.  Could this be a bug?

Additionally, an alert does not activate in Excel.   You can see it is set up in the planning view, and the project inventory cost is much higher than the inventory target cost, yet the alert is not activated.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi William,

Did you maintain any values for Inv vs Target Cost Threshold?

If you use the predefined alert an exception will be raised when the following statement is true:

ABS( "PROJECTEDINVENTORYCOST@PERPRODFMLLOC"  - "INVENTORYTARGETCOST@PERPRODFMLLOC"  ) / "INVENTORYTARGETCOST@PERPRODFMLLOC"  > "INVVSTARGETCOSTTHRESHOLD@PERPRODFMLLOC"

Moreover after you assign the alert to the planning view you need to save you planning view.

Regards

Alecsandra

Hi William,

Regarding the first issue of the date selector not working: you can open a message on this.

Regarding the second issue of the Custom Alert not being visible in the Excel planning view.  For this, there is some confusion.  The Custom Alerts are only visible in the web UI and are fully configurable by the end user (hence the word "custom").  The alerts in Excel are configured key figures that are part of the defined planning area model.  They are not configurable by the end user per se, and are only available in Excel.

Regards,

Kent

wnman2005
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Kenton and Alecsandra,

In reference to your 1st paragraph, I will create a support ticket on this.

In reference to your second paragraph, I understand the custom alert in the Web UI is separate from the Key Figure Alerts in the Excel.  The Web UI alerts are not working as we have that time horizon drop down issue and it does not allow creation of the alert.

I'll check on the Excel Alerts using Alecsandra's config suggestion and get back to you both on this post.

Thanks!

Will