cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.31 Dual Stack to PO 7.4 Upgrade Path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are in the process of analysis phase for PI 7.31 Dual stack to PO 7.4. So I understand that there is no in-place upgrade available for dual to single stack and which means that I have to standup a new system for each PO 7.4 dev, QA and Prod. Will bring in ESR objects using Transport and ID objects thru migration tool.

Now the main thing that we are discussing is the upgrade path. I have outlined two aproaches below. I am incling towards approach one i.e move objects from dev to dev, qa to qa and prod to prod and only move upgrade fixes (replacment for ABAP mappings, BPM etc) from dev PO to QA PO to Prod PO.

Please let me know your thoughts and the approach followed in your environment.

Thanks,
Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i were you, i prefer the approach 2 which would provide us with a better control on the system.

We did the same when we migrated. This is because

We wanted to to make use of Iflows. Migration tool directly creates ICo but not iflow

We were migrating in phases(not everything at one go)

We didn't want to make manual configuration changes.

Of course, configuring communication channels is the only additional activity that i see if you go with approach 2. I don't see any other benefit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any pros and cons of following the first approach? If I use first approach do you there could be some issues with the transports/code conflict etc?

My only concern with the second approach is that we may have lots of in progress of objects in dev and that if we use that system as the base we may end up sending wrong code to prod.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Any pros and cons of following the first approach? If I use first approach do you there could be some issues with the transports/code conflict etc?

If all your systems are not in sync(objects version) then you may have issues.

Manual activities in each environment and you'll not have i-flows.

>>>My only concern with the second approach is that we may have lots of in progress of objects in dev and that if we use that system as the base we may end up sending wrong code to prod

It has to be the base. if not now, at least for future development. So it doesn't matter which approach you choose, make sure that your objects are in sync.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are iFlows and why would you say that if we do approach 1 we will not have iflows?

What else do we need for PO? Is NWDS and NWDI must for PO 7.4

If we decide to go with basic PO 7.4 implemtation for now and then later decide to include NWDS and NWDI can that be done?

Is there a PO 7.4 installation options document available. I would want to know what is must and what is good to have?