cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send with application own transaction - what does this mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can someone please explain in detail what "Send with application own transaction" (Time 3) means?

Time 3: The message is selected and processed by application specific programs.

Processing can take place online or in the background.

During shipment completion our process triggers a custom output type in the delivery ZZZ1. I need to know in which step it was processed because it is conflicting with another custom program that runs in an update task. I can't seem to debug the program for ZZZ1 so it must be running in background.

1. How is this setup? How do I know if its running in foreground or background?

2. Do you think that its running before or after update tasks? Or simultaneously? My issue is, the update task should run before the output type because it uses some of the data. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

marking messages with anything else then 4 means that you want to trigger them by a job. manually executed or automatically, forground or background doesnt matter.

what is the problem? the message got sent too many times? or you get a short dump?

when you want to find out whats going on you have to debug. so maybe search for possibilities to debug the programms you want to analyse.

1 way to debug background jobs for example is to implement a neverending loop and catch this job in Transaction sm50.

if you want to repeat a single message try programm rsnast00 to repeat a message.

regards

Stefan Seeburger